portfolio

Booreatta

Guest steveskyhawk

I currently price mine at $500 each and can't keep them on the shelf. I have sold 2 in the last 6 months. When I sell a Portfolio it comes with "extras" that are otherwise unavailable from other sources. You get what you pay for. True collectors want all the history that is available.

Guest F14CRAZY

dang...I guess my little brother got a deal when he got his complete portfolio. It was $600 but it came with a 1 owner, rust free, running and driving '90 coupe with it (despite from front end damage)

Guest Richard D

Still have one complete never stored in car, in NOS perfect condition. Everything from build sheet to all instruments (working) owners manual has no cracks in binding, really brand new! look at buy/sell section for pics. Perfect for show car.

Ed Farnell also has a complete on available for less than $ 500. I remember he put it on Ebay and the bids didn't meet the reserve which was a lot lower than $ 500.

Ebay is a crap shoot and sometimes you can get good deals and sometimes you pay too much.

Guest steveskyhawk

The beauty of eBay is that it is possible to find something that might never be found any other place. The Internet is a wonderful thing.

Back in 2008 at the BCA Flint meet (big swap meet) I was looking at "stuff" that a vendor had when a sweet young girl picked up a factory sealed portfolio and bought to for $15.

She was a new owner of a Reatta and had no idea of the value or what was in it. I missed it by a couple of feet.........but I am glad she got it.

Guest steveskyhawk

I bought a brand new portfolio (still in the black bag) on eBay for $100 about 2 years ago. It was listed as an owner's manual for a 1988 Reatta. It is not currently for sale. This item has a retail value of around $800.

Purchase price is irrelevant to value.

The beauty of eBay is that it is possible to find something that might never be found any other place. The Internet is a wonderful thing.

I agree.

I just bought a '90 headlight switch in very good condition with the seal still intact, not that that makes it worth anymore, for $ 152.50 Ebay # 270890041535

Now I didn't get a great deal as that is about what they are worth but it is nice to be able to buy them when they become available.

Jim as long as you are talking headlight switches [sorry about stealing the post] what I have done on occaision is go to Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and look up the salvage yards that have 1990 Reatta Instrument Clusters. I then start at the yards with the cheapest IPC and call asking for the Headlight Switch. One would be surprised what they can get them for. I think I bought four Headlight Switches from various yards for $20.00 or less. Also did it for 1989 clusters and got the IPC for $10.00 and $5.00 for the switch. Both worked fine.

There are great bargains even at salvage yards, just have to ask...