65 avanti

Guest 65 avanti

Guest 65 avanti

I have a 65 avanti. I hardly know anything about these cars. it's a project for sure. i'm trying to sell it but i don't know how much it is worth. i'll get a picture up soon. but it has all the glass it. blinkers, brake lights, head lights, interior, has the engine but it's locked up. i'm almost positive all the parts are original. i would like if anyone could give me an estimate

Everything depends on condition. But an Avanti in a non-running condition is worth in the range of around $3K to 4K. When you show us pics and describe it better we can give you a better idea, plus or minus.

You also might ask in the Studebaker Driver's Club forum. Free to join. Lots of Avanti owners participate in that forum. But you better have your ducks in a row when you post. They are not as tolerant as the AACA folks. Here is a link.

General Studebaker-Specific Discussion

One KEY thing, considering the 1965 model year, is which engine it has in it. Is it a Chevy small block or a Genuine Studebaker V-8?

The Avantis with the genuine Studebaker V-8 would be the original design cars, built on an assembly line in Indiana. AFTER the assets of Studebaker were sold to Mr. Altman, et al, after Studebaker (as we knew it) ceased to exist, then they installed Chevy small block V-8s, had to raise the level of the hood to clear the taller Chevy motor, and christened them "AVANTI II". These cars were hand-built cars. They were ordered and the owner chose not only the exterior color, but also the interior color/fabric/carpet, etc . . . to their desires.

So, the ultimate value of the vehicle (and "definition" of it, either "Avanti" or "Avanti II") could hinge upon which motor the vehicle has.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

They are not as tolerant as the AACA folks.

BULL!

I have been a member of the SDC since 1998, and reading the AACA forum since it went live on the net....

The Studebaker Driver's Club is WAY more tolerant than AACA folks in my considerable experience.

Guest 65 avanti

Alright guys i have the pictures to put up but i can't figure out how to do it. i'm just using a regular camera. i downloaded them to my computer they just wont transfer to this

The Avanti IIs have their following. I have owned both versions and they are very similar and different at the same time. Generally the IIs are worth less than the Studebakers even though they are much rarer and a better built car IMO. Not that the Studebaker Avantis were built poorly, but Studebaker was rushed during the launching of the original Avanti and had a lot of bugs to work out. The IIs were hand built and Altman had the time to make them as perfect as possible/profitable. BTW, rust is the value killer on this car just like others. But the Avantis have the torque boxes aka Hog Troughs which bridge the body to the frame just inside the rocker panels. These rust badly and cost about 5k to replace. If the car has rust, its not worth much. Would like to see pictures though, Sent you a PM