1955 Buick Roadmaster bites the dust in film

Guest 1957_Buick_Roadmaster_75

I was watching TV the other day and ran across this clip from the 1963 film "The Birds" I did a search on youtube and found it there and thought someone might enjoying seeing it.... When I first saw it I thought it might have been my 1957, but after closer review I determined it was a 1955...

After studding the video, I will have to agree it looks like a Century not a Roadmaster... But it is still cool to see the old videos... Even if I am wrong again....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/D15HPy4x73g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by 1957_Buick_Roadmaster_75 (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Nahhhh....she's just a little toasty. Maybe a dent or two on the passenger side.:D I always cringe when I see Hollywood destroying another classic. Although I guess in '63 that Buick was still considered a newer car.

Guest Oldie & Goodie

Saw this movie as a kid and it scared the bejesus out of me. Now as an older adult it scared me again watching the Buick get toasted.

Saw this movie as a kid and it scared the bejesus out of me. Now as an older adult it scared me again watching the Buick get toasted.

It funny what scares us in life... I never really thought politics was scary until recently... :eek: LOL.....

David Niven wrote some very funny books shortly before he died. In one, he told a funny story about Alfred Hitchcock.

Alfred was driven to a lavish Hollywood premier one time. Big event with all the media covering it and lots of photographers and journalists and looky loos. They even had bleachers set up for spectators to see their favorite celebrities.

There was a PA announcer to annouce the arrival of the dignitaries. When Hitchcock arrived, the announcer got tongue tied and announced the arrival of "Alfred Hitchcar's cock"

First clue was the parking lites. On a Roadie they are faired into the bottom of the head lamps..............Bob

Right you are

Identifiers for For '55;

canted 'A' pillar (Special or Century)

parking lights separate from the headlight door ( Special or Century)

4 door hardtop (Special or Century)

4 holes on the fender (not a Special)

It's a Century