Resilvered Reflectors

dibarlaw

I checked with Uvira on the cost of having mine done with his process and it is 75 per reflector and that is after you have yours nickle plated first. But they did say that once it is done you will never have to polish them again and it will last a lifetime of bright headlights.

I have to get mine renickled and then will be sending them to them to get done.

Uvira's recent quote to me was $75 for a set of two reflectors - they need to have a polished nickel plating for their process. A few months ago, I sent in three sets and he gave me a bit off that quoted rate. They came back quickly and when I take a close look at them, I see this real ugly dude looking back at me. Actually, they are fantastic.

My understanding is that this business serves a niche in the medical equipment & services field and that the owner is a car enthusiast offering this service to folks like us. I could not have been more pleased.

Uvira Inc.

Attn: Mr. Bill Atwood

310 Pleasant Valley Road

Merlin, OR 97532-8871

(541) 474-5050

• 1 year later...

I spoke with the operator of UVIRA and he still quotes $75.00 a pair including return shipping. Very reasonable. The only thing that stopped me was the estimate I recieved for the nickle plating $252.00 for the pair. Plus extra if they find any thing after the stripping. Plus 2X insurance valuation for shipping etc. Their proposed on line service estimate,reflectors (for chrome) was $125. When I spoke to them on the phone they led me to believe that was $125.00 a set. (Reflectors plural.) Thought nickle would be less expensive. Otherwise I would not have sent them for an estimate. The Pittsburgh resilvering service quoted $75.00 each. My car is a driver, just want it to look correct(the 25 reflectors are variated and unique to this year)and to be able to see at night. I have installed a 1924 set temporarily with minimal silver left on the reflectors. But still a tremendous improvement over the all brass surface as it was when I bought it.

Pardon the rant but when I got the estimate..... still feel sick.

Larry

post-79073-143141755936_thumb.jpg

post-79073-143141755945_thumb.jpg I spoke with the operator of UVIRA and he still quotes $75.00 a pair including return shipping. Very reasonable. The only thing that stopped me was the estimate I recieved for the nickle plating $252.00 for the pair. Plus extra if they find any thing after the stripping. Plus 2X insurance valuation for shipping etc. Their proposed on line service estimate,reflectors (for chrome) was $125. When I spoke to them on the phone they led me to believe that was $125.00 a set. (Reflectors plural.) Thought nickle would be less expensive. Otherwise I would not have sent them for an estimate. The Pittsburgh resilvering service quoted $75.00 each. My car is a driver, just want it to look correct(the 25 reflectors are variated and unique to this year)and to be able to see at night. I have installed a 1924 set temporarily with minimal silver left on the reflectors. But still a tremendous improvement over the all brass surface as it was when I bought it.

Pardon the rant but when I got the estimate..... still feel sick.

Larry

[ATTACH=CONFIG]178538[/ATTACH]