Spring/Summer plans for the west coast

Bushwack

The Riviera Owners Assn. is having its annual meet in Monterey. June 4 - 7.

Check out the event on the link on their website. Welcome to the Riviera Owners Association Homepage.

Are Reatta owners welcome to the ROA event?

I'm just wondering when or where the Reatta events are (or to be scheduled) for us left coasters (not to be confused with political leanings).

Unless I'm mistaken or have been given incorrect information, I don't think there is a National, BCA or Reatta specific event coming west of Illinois until summer, 2014 (and that is far from certain).

Waiting for 'those in the know' to chime in. Thanks.

I'm just wondering when or where the Reatta events are (or to be scheduled) for us left coasters (not to be confused with political leanings).

Unless I'm mistaken or have been given incorrect information, I don't think there is a National, BCA or Reatta specific event coming west of Illinois until summer, 2014 (and that is far from certain).

Waiting for 'those in the know' to chime in. Thanks.

Next sites for National Meets for 2012-2014:

June 27-30, 2012, Concord, NC

July 17 - 20, 2013 South Bend, IN

July 23 - 26, 2014 Portland, OR

A good question. I know the ROA invited Toronado owners to it this year. So I left a posting over on the Riviera board asking about Reattas - which of course are much more akin to a Riviera than a Toronado. So far, no response.

A good question. I know the ROA invited Toronado owners to it this year. So I left a posting over on the Riviera board asking about Reattas - which of course are much more akin to a Riviera than a Toronado. So far, no response.

Per Ray Knott (who graciously answered my inquiry), the ROA event is only open to Riviera/Toronado owners. Mon-Wed only open to registered members. Thursday's show between 9A - 2P is open to the public for viewing (but only registered members can be in the show and subject to judging). The implication of having Toronado owners as part of the ROA event is to give their membership a boost.

Other them Marck, haven't heard from anyone else if there are any spring or summer plans for the west coast. And if Marck is the only one 'in the know', the Reatta division may be in a heep o' trouble! :eek:

I will answer for the Reatta Division, we are alive and very active and we are a division of the Buick Club of America and our division does'nt have any plans for a show on the west coast. We will have our national at Charlotte NC when the BCA meets. There is only one Reatta Club. There are Rivieras in the ROA and the BCA. I think most of the time the Rivieras in the ROA meet at their national meet and Rivieras owners that belong to the BCA will meet at the BCA National. Iknow there are some Riviera owners that will take part in both the BCA and ROA national meets

The Reatta Division will take part in the BCA national in Portland the summer of 2014. Many Reatta owners also take part in local regional BCA meets around the country. I hope that answers you question If you are not a member of the BCA and the Reatta Divison, I would invite you to join. We always have a lot of fun. If you want anymore information feel free to give me a call

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox,net

316-655-1099

I will answer for the Reatta Division, we are alive and very active and we are a division of the Buick Club of America and our division does'nt have any plans for a show on the west coast. We will have our national at Charlotte NC when the BCA meets. There is only one Reatta Club. There are Rivieras in the ROA and the BCA. I think most of the time the Rivieras in the ROA meet at their national meet and Rivieras owners that belong to the BCA will meet at the BCA National. Iknow there are some Riviera owners that will take part in both the BCA and ROA national meets

The Reatta Division will take part in the BCA national in Portland the summer of 2014. Many Reatta owners also take part in local regional BCA meets around the country. I hope that answers you question If you are not a member of the BCA and the Reatta Divison, I would invite you to join. We always have a lot of fun. If you want anymore information feel free to give me a call

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox,net

316-655-1099

Chuck,

Truly appreciate the work the BCA and Reatta Division are doing (I am a member of both and of my local chapter). But speaking for myself (and maybe those who prefer to be on the sideline), what is being done to make us west coast owners part of the team? Seems that the Reatta division is alive and well in the east and midwest but on life support in the west where the sun shines (and isn't California the second largest state of registered Reatta owners?).

I'm trying not to write a lengthy post of what appears to me the disregard of west coast members - that wouldn't be constructive. The local BCA (buick club los angeles) is somewhat active (monthly meetings of which I plan to attend tonight) but doesn't communicate well with its members (web site gets updated 2-3x per year....e-mail takes a week or longer for a reply). But what I feel is missing are activities. Maybe a nice road rally?!?!

How do we west coasters (members of the Reatta division - maybe to include Reatta owners west of Indiana) get some love this summer and not wait two more years? Can't the Reatta division organize a summer event for various time zones? After all, don't these events also generate funds for enhancing the division and future projects?

Thanks,

Ervin

P.S.: Just a thought distantly related to the topic. Why is the 2012 & 2013 meet so close to each other (800 miles apart)? That leaves a large section of the country that would have to travel quite far (1,200+ miles) to participate? IMO, every other year, a meet should be in the midwest. Year 1 on east coast, year 2 in the midwest, year 3 west coast. Rinse and repeat. :)

... How do we west coasters (members of the Reatta division - maybe to include Reatta owners west of Indiana) get some love this summer and not wait two more years? Can't the Reatta division organize a summer event for various time zones? After all, don't these events also generate funds for enhancing the division and future projects?

It is too bad about the ROA event. Near by, and I have always been a classic Riv fan. But it is their party, and they can invite who they want.

So at this point, I am looking forward to 2014 too. Not sure if I will put the miles on the car, or trailer it. Have time to think about it. Might even try for 400 points.

Here in Norcal, the local BCA chapter is somewhat active. I met up with them a couple of times last year. Nice group, and they had some neat cars. But no one really knew what a Reatta was.

Chuck,

Truly appreciate the work the BCA and Reatta Division are doing (I am a member of both and of my local chapter). But speaking for myself (and maybe those who prefer to be on the sideline), what is being done to make us west coast owners part of the team? Seems that the Reatta division is alive and well in the east and midwest but on life support in the west where the sun shines (and isn't California the second largest state of registered Reatta owners?).

I'm trying not to write a lengthy post of what appears to me the disregard of west coast members - that wouldn't be constructive. The local BCA (buick club los angeles) is somewhat active (monthly meetings of which I plan to attend tonight) but doesn't communicate well with its members (web site gets updated 2-3x per year....e-mail takes a week or longer for a reply). But what I feel is missing are activities. Maybe a nice road rally?!?!

How do we west coasters (members of the Reatta division - maybe to include Reatta owners west of Indiana) get some love this summer and not wait two more years? Can't the Reatta division organize a summer event for various time zones? After all, don't these events also generate funds for enhancing the division and future projects?

Thanks,

Ervin

P.S.: Just a thought distantly related to the topic. Why is the 2012 & 2013 meet so close to each other (800 miles apart)? That leaves a large section of the country that would have to travel quite far (1,200+ miles) to participate? IMO, every other year, a meet should be in the midwest. Year 1 on east coast, year 2 in the midwest, year 3 west coast. Rinse and repeat. :)

I see no reason why you fellows out there can't organize a Reatta event. You could even have it put in the RDiv newsletter I'm sure.

All it takes is someone to organize it. I'm sure most of the main officers are probably going to the Nationals in NC, but I see no reason why some members shouldn't be able to get together and plan a Reatta division event.

I see no reason why you fellows out there can't organize a Reatta event. You could even have it put in the RDiv newsletter I'm sure.

All it takes is someone to organize it. I'm sure most of the main officers are probably going to the Nationals in NC, but I see no reason why some members shouldn't be able to get together and plan a Reatta division event.

Something might be cooking. Right now it is at a very low simmer.

I would go for it, I think there are enough cars out there if you all can get together for a day it might be fun. Good luck and keep us posted

Chuck Kerls

Sent you an e-mail Chuck. Need some help from the Reatta division to turn the heat up on that low simmer.

While the Reatta division gets back to me on an e-mail request, if you...

- own a Reatta*

- live in California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada or Arizona**

- would like to get together for a few days of sex with wild women and heavy drinking (just checking to see if I still have your attention :) )

....please send me a PM with your name, forum handle and e-mail address.

It doesn't seem that there is a "Reatta event" planned for the west coast until June 2014. Paraphrasing from the Reatta Division of the Buick Club of America - Home web site, maybe we can get together, caravan for a short (or various short distances) and enjoy some scenic drives, sometimes stopping at places of interest, then on to where we can enjoy good food and good company with those who share a common interest.

So if you have an interest (not asking for a commitment...yet), please send me a PM with your name, forum handle and an e-mail address. If there's a nice response, then as a group will go to the next phase of planning.

Thanks,

Ervin

*If you don't own a Reatta, shame on you but you're welcome to come along.

**If you live in another state but may be coming out west, you won't be shunned. :)

Guest steveskyhawk

Ervin,

If you have the So Cal event in La Verne, I can display 7 cars to get the ball rolling. We can probably put together more Reattas than the National Meets!

Let me find out about having this get together at Brackett Airport. They have car shows there all the time.

Can I fly in and drive someone else's car? :D

Not sure mine would make it out there.. Plus no ac gets really sinks about Texas...

If we can get something going, I expect your punk a$$ out here! You'll be a bi-coastal Reatta rebel.

Fly on out - I offer one of Steve's cars for you to drive. :)

Guest steveskyhawk
If we can get something going, I expect your punk a$$ out here! You'll be a bi-coastal Reatta rebel.

Fly on out - I offer one of Steve's cars for you to drive. :)

If it is OK with Haggarty it is OK with me.

Guest steveskyhawk

If we have the event at Bracket Airport picnic grounds I will need help shuttling all seven cars over there. My cars beg to be driven. They may go over 6 months without seeing light of day.

If we have the event at Bracket Airport picnic grounds I will need help shuttling all seven cars over there. My cars beg to be driven. They may go over 6 months without seeing light of day.

Would you like to hire me to drive your cars for you as a full time job? :D

WOW it sounds like you guys are going to have a fun time. I like the airport Idea. I would invite a local flying club and everybody would have a little fun. I would even extend an invite to the local Buick Chapter and show them how to party. Big things always start small.......Marck you will have to go now it looks like you are commited, or maybe should be committed. And Steve is one of those cars a GR*** Convertible. You guys will have fun for sure, go for it and best of luck

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Guest steveskyhawk

Honestly I dont feel the Select 60 with the bright red and white interior is a good fit for a guy my age. I havent driven it once since the finishing touches were done. My wife likes the black 89. I told her the other day she might as well drive it to work etc. It hasnt seen light of day since the pinstripe was put back on after the paint job

post-53748-143138798473_thumb.jpg

post-53748-143138798483_thumb.jpg