Peerless For Sale Department

jeff_a

Frank_W,

I'm in a truck stop on a break...........but yes, Streetside Classics says it's sold. Do not know who bought it, unfortunately. I know someone in Denmark with a similar Peerless F/S, though! ( a 1929/30 Model 6-61 Sedan )

Jeff 

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

Thanks Jeff,

I would send this by PM but I don't satisfy club minimum posting rules. 

I have a 1929 Model 6-81 that I am doing a frame up restoration. I'm looking for a parts car as mine is in very rough shape. I will be happy to share more details in future communications. 

Thanks, Frank W

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, here's a 1907 Peerless for sale by Stewart Laidlaw in North Carolina:

_ _ _ __ _ _ also listed on the AACA HCCA Forum here ___ go to Classifieds 
 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ an Edwardian Peerless for Christmas has a good ring to it

__________________________________________________________________$225,000
image.png.18bb4ca0c16b1fa56352a6d8f6e7b44d.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's a 1921 Peerless 7-P Touring Car for sale by Classic Car Deals in Cadillac, MI.
I think it's the only '21 Peerless.

$149,995

59132028608000_tmp_max_640X480.jpg.........right front.jpg.........................This was restored in St. George, UT. The broker is in Michigan, the car is in Utah. 322 Cu. In. Peerless Equipoised V-8, dual exhausts, 80 HP.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

1921, when the Peerless above was built, was when 14 officers of Cadillac Motors took over Peerless. Richard Collins became President, and brought with him a new 289 Cu. In. Six, designed by Cadillac's Experimental Engineering Department, under Richard Emig. For 1923, there was a new rad shell for all Peerlesses*, and the new engine was employed in the Model Six-70 in 1924...ending 8 years of V-8-Only for the automaker. Richard Lichtfeld has written about how Collins brought what's often called a "Collins Six" to Cleveland when GM didn't want it in Cadillacs. The engine had comparable horsepower to the V-8 but allowed a lower sales price. Peerless sales in 1921 was just 1,000 cars(Model 56); and the 6-70 alone sold 2,700 cars, combined with 3,651 Model 66 V-8s sold in 1923-1924, according to my math.

* Both the Mod. 66 V-8 and the Mod. 6-70 had Cadillac Lookalike rad shells in 1923 and 1924. 

Thanks for your interest in this rarely-discussed carmaker, 1912 Caddy. The Model 56, Series 1 thru 7, was 1916-1922. The 6-70 continued into 1925 for 3 or 4 months and the Peerless 6-72 was built 1925-1927.