Nice 1917 Dodge Touring on eBay!

1936 D2

Dodges are very nice cars, I've owned four early ones, 1920 touring, 1923 sedan (what a lot of glass, and unfortunately it may have been lost in Katrina floods), 1924 touring, 1925 coupe.

Not flashy, but attractive and reliable as the rising sun.

Even moving on to different cars, I have a huge soft spot for the cars that don't need good brakes (hey, there's a badge on the front that states "Dodge, Brothers"!!)

Nice car at short money, at least for now........

• 1 month later...
Guest rayjay1902

going through the car now, she has some issues. broken top bow.it had electric fuel pump, but someone changed it back. just fixed the emergency brake and fuel guage. speedometer doesnt work..will try to fix that next week. gas shut off valve on vac tank on firewall leaks. i dont know anything about the car yet...tryin to figure out how to check engine and trans oil. and where to put it in. im guesing the cap that has a screen in it. has some black around the manifold. and dont know why there is a hole and a gap between the carb and engine block. not use to a car this old..my other one was a 1937 dodge

Guest '22 Brewster

Rayjay,

I sent a note to you yesterday on the other thread about your '17 Dodge. I did away with the electric fuel pump. It was fighting with the vac tank and stalled going up hills. It was sending too much fuel to the carb even at the lowest setting. The vac tank works perfectly, however. I had the car prior to the previous owner from whom you purchased it through ebay. I do have some trophies that belong with the car and some older photos before we put on the new top and interior if you're interested. You may also want to be in touch if you're going to register the car in CT. God bless, Frank

Guest rayjay1902

oh..ok.... she does run great...and starts right up. but i did wonder why the pump wasnt connected. i should be regestering her this week in ct , once black horse sends me the paperwork....i have temps on her now. but im moving to florida this summer and will have to register her there too. i have been looking for an early dodge for a long time and i wanted one that was a runner....this sems like the one...shes got to last me the next 40 years