A Cord and a Ford

mechanician

Guest Fred Smith

Mechanician....Thanks again for taking the time to post these photos on here, and thanks to The Old Motor for sharing them with us. I really like their photos.

Guest Jim_Edwards
Yes, the Ford picture is interesting as it seems to indicate a run of cars that are possibly white? Sure looks like the finish coat to me??

Ditto! White would have been somewhat unusual for a Ford of 1940s production. Maybe they are light gray and being produced for the Navy. Of course the paint might also be yellow and the run being done for a CAB company.

The Cord has the port holes on the front of the hood making it one of the very first cars built. Maybe first 100 or so I believe had the front ports.

The 46 Fords have protection over the front chrome bumper which I think makes it mid or late production? I believe early post war 46's were shipped without bumpers?

Ditto! White would have been somewhat unusual for a Ford of 1940s production. Maybe they are light gray and being produced for the Navy. Of course the paint might also be yellow and the run being done for a CAB company.

I doubt they were for the Navy. They overbuilt the 42 staff cars and ended up getting rid of a lot of them as surplus at the end of the war. Plus they wouldn't have the chrome trim.