Jump to content

1990 reatta convert on mecum Kansas City


olbuickman
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've been eying that auction for a couple weeks. As I don't have Velocity (no thanks to Dish - yea...take my $120/month and chuckle all the way to the bank), please post the results of this auction.

or...I suppose I can see the results here: https://www.facebook.com/VelocityTV

Edited by Bushwack
Facebook entry (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BTW "VeloCity" is what used to be HD Theater. It is a Discovery channel and available on HD only. "Chasing Classic Cars" is pretty good but "Wheeler Dealers" seems a bit strained (buy a Delorian for $15k, sell for about $28 and apparently never address the a/c).

Unfortunately sometimes I just know too much to really enjoy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something interesting I noticed last night when I was watching the Mecum Auction, a white 1990 cadillac allante with chrome wheels in beautiful condition with only 3300 miles only reached $8500 and did not sell, compare this to the 7700 mile reatta that sold for $12,000. Gotta love these Buicks,Frank

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something interesting I noticed last night when I was watching the Mecum Auction, a white 1990 cadillac allante with chrome wheels in beautiful condition with only 3300 miles only reached $8500 and did not sell, compare this to the 7700 mile reatta that sold for $12,000. Gotta love these Buicks,Frank

The preferred year for Allante's are 1991-1992 (1992 by a slim margin although both cars are 99.5% identical inside and out).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My choice after studying closely last summer would be an early 90 with both tops. Then the foundling came along and I decided to stay with Reattas.

Suspect in the end the 3800 drivetrain will make all except maybe the '93 (Northstar) less desirable. Don't forget in just 1993 there were over twice as many Allantes produced as all Reatta convertibles. Also the Allante styling is really a lot more square.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest gossir00
Somebody got a heck of a deal...

Marck,

FYI... there is a 6% buyers premium charged by Mecum on sales. Generally auction companies list sold prices without the premium. Also there is a premium the seller pays-- I think Mecums is 5%. Mecums total take is then 11%--not bad!

Rick G.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Marck,

FYI... there is a 6% buyers premium charged by Mecum on sales. Generally auction companies list sold prices without the premium. Also there is a premium the seller pays-- I think Mecums is 5%. Mecums total take is then 11%--not bad!

Rick G.

Well, even with a 11% premium, someone still got a fantastic deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...