Ruxton Sedan

Guest ctcaddy

Hi All:

I am doing research on a restored 1929 Ruxton Sedan to determine some sort of value for insurance purposes. I've spent days on line but no information on sales or values. One alternative is to value a car that would be considered similar in year and original price range and adjust from there. Suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

Larry

If I owned a Ruxton sedan, in restored condition, I wouldn't insure it for a penny less than $75K. I have no idea what they're worth, other than the fact that any Ruxton is reasonably rare, and many restored Classic sedans of that era are changing hands in the $40K-60K range, with the occasional higher sale for one that's a superb restoration.

I will stand by my estimate of 75% to 100% more than a comparable L29. Sometimes rarity does drive the price even when it shouldn't. See Exhibit A: the Tucker.

I like the L29 more too, but there are probably 10 L29s for every Ruxton. When you get to be the only guy to show up at the Concours with a Ruxton it will drive the price.

Guest whildwhun

hello ctcaddy

we have a 29 ruxton sedan we insure it for $300,000 we came to this value based on recent auction prices. we insure with hagerty and they did not dispute the value at all I think if we were off base on our assesment they may have balked at the insured value. I dont know that the car would sell for this in todays market i hope this helps.

So this leads me to ask do you have a Ruxton if so where is it located and what condition is it in we have a fare amount of info on them.

Hi- is that an agreed value insurance coverage, or a stated value?

If it's just a value you stated, and you paid the premium on a "stated value" policy, they'll be glad to take your money, but if you have a loss then they won't pay that dollar value, but will debate it with you.......

If they've agreed to that number, then you're covered, but just issue of a policy does not mean they "agree".

If we are throwing numbers around I would have said 125 to 200 depending on level of restoration, but then again I'm just throwing numbers around. You are probably high with the 300 as the recent auction results are all for more desirable bodies. The correlation between roadster & sedan depends on marque but if you use the L29 as a guide subtract 50% or more.