Wheel Bearings for 1916-1922 Dodge Brothers Roadster

Guest jerrytownsend

Guest jerrytownsend

Looking for 1916 Dodge Brothers Roadster wheel bearings - front and rear. Understand that 1916, 1917, 1918, 1919, 1920, 1921, & 1922 are all the same size. Original or replacement ok.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Jerry, I am not familiar with what was used in these vehicles, however, I have had very good luck over the years with Kaman bearing. As long as you have an original set that can be sized and typed. I have restored several bulldozers over the years and the parts are long not available. How ever, Kaman has always been able to find a bearing replacement for me. I happen to have a bigger center near me where I can take the old bearings in for measurement. There may be other big bearing diplomats, but I have had luck with Kaman.

Guest John1918

I hope you don't have the trouble I had. With over-tightening and age, the outer bearing cups had expanded and so had the wheel hubs holding them. The cups were held captive behind the "un-expanded" part of the hubs and had to be demolished to free them. Then of course, when the new cups were fitted, they were far too loose. I went through several hubs to find reasonable ones and even then had to "loktite" the bearing cups to stop them turning! I would be interested to hear if anyone else had this problem and how they handled it.

George,

My bearing book covers the late 1920's + early 30s Dodge trucks but I can't find the U133 or Merchants Express.

There is a UG30 + 31 listed [as well as the other models].

Is the Merchants Express based on the passenger car or is it a full sized truck?

Cheers

Manuel in Oz

• 1 month later...