Request for old cars for Movie

Bill Clark

Short notice, but in the week after Labor Day, a movie company is doing a documentary of the big Mafia meeting in Apalachin, NY. They are looking for cars they might use as props. Since the meeting was Nov 14, 1957, they'd rather not have anything newer than 57s. If you have a car that you could bring to the show, please contact Frank Whitney at overland14 at aol.com

Bill

Apalachin Meeting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you get the chance to do this, do it. We just had our two 20s cars used for the Clint Eastwood directed film, "J Edgar". The shoot lasted two days here in VA. We had a great time and were treated like members of the crew. We got paid for the use of the cars and I was even put in as a "driver" extra for one day. Well worth the time and effort.

The shoot will be on Marshland Road in Apalachin, NY, thats where the big meeting and the subsequent raid was. Marshland Road is in upstate NY, ten or so miles west of the intersection of I81 and NY17 (I86) . If you have a car and are interested, contact Frank at the address above. He has all the facts.

And sure, a new 58 would work. They would especially like police cars.

Bill

I could contribute a Met, but I doubt many self respecting Mafia bosses rode in one.

When I lived in SoCal, I had several friends who had their collector cars used in movies. All I can say is that movie crews don't give a rat's patootie about your old car. Don't be surprised to find scratches and dents when they are done with it.

Guest Skyking

I could contribute a Met, but I doubt many self respecting Mafia bosses rode in one.

........or stashed in the trunk!:D:D:D

Guest Skyking
When I lived in SoCal, I had several friends who had their collector cars used in movies. All I can say is that movie crews don't give a rat's patootie about your old car. Don't be surprised to find scratches and dents when they are done with it.

I agree.......in the late eighties I had my 55 Buick put in a movie in Connecticut and one of the actress or models took her high heels off and placed them on the hood of my car. She said her feet ached. And the guy with the boom almost hit it.

Guest YellowBird

I've had five of my vehicles used in two movies this past summer.

Each crew took very good care of them.

Several other club members' cars were used also.

Another car will be used in a 3rd movie this week.

In years past, I've used vehicles in several commercials shot locally too.

So far, all good experiences.

And then there is the behavior of the general public or even some other club members at car shows.

I've removed people from inside my car after they reached through the window to unlock the door, from leaning against my new paint, from sitting on the fender... :mad:

They can't figure out why I keep the doors locked & windows up!

I have a receipt for $200 that the prior owner of my LTD received for a movie filmed in Boston. All he had to do was park it on the street in front of Fenway for two days. Don't remember the movie but it starred Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Unfortunately, the scene the car was in was ultimately cut.