Floor mats with logo

raleets

Bob,

If you are looking for NOS original factory mats, that will be a tall order. There may be a set or two of NOS lurking around, but they will not come cheap.

Other option is to get custom embroidered mats from Car Motorsports, they have both the Reatta "script" logo (as on the door moldings and rear filler) and the sunburst (as on the hood emblem) logos available for embroidery on high quality mats they offer. I would recommend these mats without any reservation at all. Link: CAR Motorsports

Keep in mind that these mats are clearly are not OE stock (actually they are much nicer IMO), so if you are doing 400 point judging they will get you dinged. If you just want really nice mats with the logo, I don't think you can do better.

I have a set of these in both my Reattas, my 91 is flame red interior and they look great. I got the sunburst logo on both sets, but you can get the script or both logos (double logos are an additional charge I think). I need to get some pictures posted, as I was requested to do so a while back and have not gotten around to it yet. Will try to do it this evening.

Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with Car Motorsports, other than being a satisfied repeat customer.

KDirk

Guest steveskyhawk

I have a brand new pair of Car Motorsports mats for Reatta in Flame Red. I paid $181.90. I won't be using them so they are available for sale. Make me a reasonable offer and add about $20 for UPS and they are yours.

post-53748-143138613539_thumb.jpg

Actually, Kevin, the mats are supposed to be removed from the car during judging, or you will loose points.

According to the Reatta judgement manual at reatta.org does not say the mats have to be removed. As a matter of fact the mats are judged in the car for the correct mat for the correct year. The points are deducted for the wrong mats and the conditon of the correct mats. This information is on page 14 of the manual

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

According to the Reatta judgement manual at reatta.org does not say the mats have to be removed. As a matter of fact the mats are judged in the car for the correct mat for the correct year. The points are deducted for the wrong mats and the conditon of the correct mats. This information is on page 14 of the manual

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

Well, I was just going by something that I read on the Buick General, saying that points would be deducted if the car did not have the floor mats removed at the time of judging. http://forums.aaca.org/f115/never-been-national-meet-before-307703.html

Edited by NCReatta (see edit history)

Well, I was just going by something that I read on the Buick General, saying that points would be deducted if the car did not have the floor mats removed at the time of judging. http://forums.aaca.org/f115/never-been-national-meet-before-307703.html

Marck I think in a lot of cases the floor mats should be removed as a lot of cars simply dont have replacement mats or they never had them when the car was new. in that case, remove the mats. When the mats were part of the car when new then they should be shown with the car and will be judged on correctness and conditon. In either case it is only worth a point or 2.

Chuck

Guest HessLakeGuy

Chief judge Pete Phillips told us at the Friday judges training session that mats were to be OUT of the vehicle during judging.

Tom

Chief judge Pete Phillips told us at the Friday judges training session that mats were to be OUT of the vehicle during judging.

Tom

Hey Tom I have sent a note to Pete Phillips for a clearification on this item. Pete is the Judges training chairman for the BCA but the National Chief Judge is Alan Oldfield. If Pete says the mats should be removed from the Reatta the we need to look at changing the Judging guidelines that was printed in 2002 and posted on the Reatta web site. To my knowledge this has not come up before and we need to make sure that we are doing it the same way everytime at every meet

Either way is fine with me

Chuck Kerls

Ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but if the mats are to be out of the vehicle, are they still judged (out of car) as a correct (or not) accessory? Or are they simply not taken into consideration at all? Might help to clear this point up as well. I'm not planning on entering any 400 point competition, but it may be a pertinent point for some who are.

KDirk

In the interest of getting the correct information out there, I have heard from Pete Phillips and his comments are the mats should be displayed out side the car so the judges can see the carpet inside, in the event that it is worn or stained. The mats would need to be the correct mats and wrong mats would be a deduction and no mats would also be a deduction.

In the interest of getting the correct information out there, I have heard from Pete Phillips and his comments are the mats should be displayed out side the car so the judges can see the carpet inside, in the event that it is worn or stained. The mats would need to be the correct mats and wrong mats would be a deduction and no mats would also be a deduction.

That makes sense.. We should probably go through the entire Reatta Judging manual, and see if any other changes need to be made. Considering we've learned a lot about Reattas in the last 10 years or so.

Just for a further clarification, is there a deduction for NOT removing the floor mats?

First, there are no absolutes.

As a comparison, generally, if something is covered and it isn't supposed to be, as a judge (haven't judged Reatta class), you cannot judge the item, therefore you can't give it full points. So, if someone has an aftermarket steering wheel cover, you essentially assume they are hiding something. Even if the owner simply prefers it for comfort while driving, it is a non-authentic item, so deserves a deduction.

Now, in the case of the Reatta, if the mats were standard (that is the case, right?), they should be removed, or at least lifted by the owner so the interior judge can see the condition of the carpet. If mats were supposed to come with each Reatta, then they should be there, whether outside or in the car.

You also have to keep in mind when Pete is giving the judging school, he is trying to cover generalities for over 90 years worth of Buick production (have to be 12 years old for 400 point). Generally speaking, in many of those years, the cars didn't come from factory with mats, so having them in a car is not correct. Keeping in mind that the "modern" Buick judging form was created with the Reatta in mind, then ported over for use on other FWD modern Buicks, that should be the reference used when considering judging on a Reatta.

Anything that is original should be with the car, either inside or on display. I haven't looked at the modern judging form recently. Since the glove compartment isn't opened, I'm sure there would be no check for the craftsman log, but if one shipped with each car, it should almost be there...thankfully I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be required.

Now, there must be some here who have judged the Reatta and would be able to put forth how it was handled. Barney?

On another related note, judges are human. They make mistakes. They are also individuals. Even if it is spelled out in the judging manual and / or on the form unfortunately doesn't mean it is followed. It is what it is, but there are those among us who hope to improve the judging system from within and, based on some significant errors that have occurred, I understand there will be some changes in place starting next year.

Just for a further clarification, is there a deduction for NOT removing the floor mats?

I was told that not removing the mats would most lilkely Not lead to a point ded. The owner would be requested to lift up the mats for the judge. So it has to be the correct mat and the judge should be able to see the carpet. Not having the correct or aftermarket mats would be a deduction. I would think that the chief judge at the meet would need to make a final decision. I regards to the judging manual being changed that would be a topic to bring up to the BOD next year at the National meet in NC.

Chuck

Guest HessLakeGuy

Lets have a good turnout at next years meet AND have everyone that is available attend the judges training session!

The judges training group was on the small size in Danvers.......lots of empty chairs.

Tom

I don't think the mat issue is resolved.

Pete mentioned at the judges training that floor mats should be removed and displayed beside the vehicle. This was a generic statement most likely intended for '60-'70 Buicks that had them as options or dealer installed.

The intent of removing the mats is to insure that the carpet under the mats is not worn/damaged. This is the first year that the issue has surfaced and has never been an issue with Reattas. This year some owners displayed their mats outside some inside.

I believe the mats should be inside the car and any decent judge can determine by the condition of the rest of the interior if there is a carpet issue. I will see Pete at least 2 times between now and Charlotte and we will have a resolution for Reattas.