Trim on front edge of 65 Riviera bonnet

whitewatersky

Curious about the trim piece that fits along the front edge of the bonnet above the grille on a 65 Riv

The Riv I'm buying is missing this trim piece and I am wondering what it might be called and whether anyone knows of a supplier. I haven't found it at classicbuick or at other sites.

thanks

Guest Kingoftheroad

You'll have to find a parts car, owner selling the piece or something. A few have told me that trim piece could be hard to find.

No reproductions as far as I know.

Edited by Kingoftheroad (see edit history)

Guest rls65rls

if this piece fits along the front edge of the hood,you can find them on e-bay,I see them all the time.condition is?. I had mine re-chromed.

I understood that 63-64 were chrome and 65 is painted. It, along with the cathedrals, must be the first pieces people pull off these cars. They are always missing at the yards...

Good luck with your search. Be patient, one will find you. :D

Mike

Hard to find...but I'm sure they are out there. Make sure you check to see if all the mounting studs alongside the leading edge are solid. The speed nuts that fasten it to the hood hold moisture and dirt so they usually lead to corroded studs. They look like rotten old teeth and won't hold the speed nut and thus, the trim piece. PRL

Appreciate the heads up fellas. I'll have a think about whether I REALLY need to bother with this piece - mainly from a performance/protection point of view. Tho realistically, the engineers put it there for a reason... as to the necessity on a scale of 1-100..... who'd know...