Ideas on this one?

Guest Xprefix28truck

Guest Xprefix28truck

Here's one for your thoughts. I guess this is kind of mute, seeing that I know what it is, and who is in the car. Just throwing it out to see who all can figure it out.

post-59090-14313855329_thumb.jpg

Guest Xprefix28truck

Nope sorry not a Marmon...... I think thats the weirdest license plate I have ever seen......But I believe the license plate should be Michigan, but it might be Illinois.

Guest Xprefix28truck

Beleieve it or not, the above picture is of a actual model put out in production. (so I am told)Not a modified one. And, sorry not an Inter-state.

The "skeletal" license plate is not all that uncommon. They were used on the front, and allowed air to pass through to the radiator. Some states used slots between the numbers, some states used sillouetted numbers.

The hood doors are an unusual feature on a car of that age. I'm going to guess Stoddard-Dayton, although the grille doesn't have the normal Packard-esque curve around the upper corners.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

Guest Xprefix28truck

West,

Thank you for the info on the plate. Guess I never really thought about the air flow before.

John and Jim, Sorry not the correct answer........

HINT: Ralph Teetor is in the passenger seat.

Guest Xprefix28truck

Doesn't look like there is going to be any more guesses on this one. It is a 1911 Staver Sport model. The driver is Dan Teetor. Dan went to Staver as Chief Engineer. This is the first model that Dan helped design. He drove the car to Lake Wawasee to give Ralph a ride. Photo and info courtesy of Jack (Jackson) Teetor. Dan is Jacks father.

Hi everyone. definitely a Staver. I think it's probably a 1914 model {last year of Staver production}. It could be a prototype built and licenced in 1913 to test out the upcoming 1914 changes. The fact it is Lh. drive, plus the radiator shape,electric lights and the 3/4 rear springs {as opposed to fully elliptic as used by all 1912 Stavers and all but one 1913 model} all suggest 1914 . This body style doesn't show up in the 1914 Staver sales catalog, so it may be a "special" built by Dan Teetor for his own use or as a development car. Great Photo!

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)