anyone going to carlisle

Guest 4 bufords

Guest 4 bufords

anyone going to spring carlisle next weekend?not looking for anything special but always buy something.going to meet my sister and brother there and have a reunion.hope we have good weather,4 bufords from ct

I love the atmosphere at Carlisle but being so little Buick stuff to pick through I lost interest in going. I used to go quite often and the last couple years I went, it was just for the fun of it because I can find whatever parts I need online or through BCA/ROA contacts. I guess the fun has worn off as I get older.

Between gas, killer PA turnpike tolls, and parking, I've already spent $50 before I go in the gate not to mention taking time off work.

Besides all thats its still a good day of entertainment. I do miss going and every spring I say I'm going to go but when the day comes, I back out.

The age of the internet I think is taking its toll on swap meets like Carlisle. I can't imagine being a vendor, driving hundreds of miles, unpacking and setting everything up then praying for good weather so people show up and hopefully buy enough stuff make a profit to cover the round trip travel expenses. Our spring has been absolutley terrible in PA so far so I hope it gets better real quick.

Good luck and may the weather Gods be on your side.

I agree Spring Carlisle is not what it used to be but still worthwhile. I was thinking about going Wednesday this year. Is it a setup day? Is the general public welcome?

Yes, Wednesday is mostly a setup day for many vendors and I wouldn't recommend going unless thats the only day you are free to go. Gates open to public 7:00AM Weds.

Thursday is the first big day with "most" vendors there and open by afternoon but there are still straglers that won't be open by the end of the day Thurs. Fri and Sat are the biggest days.....naturally. Thursday is a good day to go to try and find unique items before the masses roll in Friday.

The food at the places underneath the grandstand are best! Have fun!

Thanks Jason, I will go Thursday.

Hi Woody,

years ago , Wed was the bargin day with most venders inplace and selling .

I have had a space at Spring carlisle since the first year for the Spring, gave it up this year . I kept my fall space . I was one of the original venders at the fall meet years ago and only one of 3 or 4 venders selling BUICK parts.

I go and walk around and there are not many buick parts up there , lots of repo parts.

Good luck

Bill

I was one of the original venders at the fall meet years ago and only one of 3 or 4 venders selling BUICK parts.

I go and walk around and there are not many buick parts up there , lots of repo parts.

Good luck

Bill

:(Same thing at Charlotte, there are never any Buick parts to be found their either.:rolleyes: I mainly just buy tools and supplies.

Edited by MrEarl
change their to there (see edit history)

I always try to go at least once a year. Been going for about 20 years. Don't plan on finding specific parts for my Buick, but love the cars, activity, and exploring the vendors' goods to find some new and useful tools.

I even plan to eat some sweet-pepper sausages, which I never would do except at a special event like Carlisle. Just a fun day to enjoy. Hope we have sunshine on Friday!