Adding to the flock - need advice

Guest Knucklebuster

Guest Knucklebuster

I was looking for a part for my fathers truck this weekend at salvage yard close by and stumbled (literally) onto what I believe is a 1956 Dodge Royal Lancer. I looked on web and found some info but now I need to go look under hood, because I forgot to:) but all the body was there except a few trim pieces and the interior even looked good for a yard car. The guy wants $500 for it. Is it worth dragging out or will it be another money pit in my yard? It looks cool and I love strange projects. PLEASE..... any advice, comments, loud bouts of laughter....would welcome it all.

Its a 4 door, royal on rear quarter, no lancer badge on front fender.Going back to look at grill badge. Push button trans, door handles pull out, cant remember much else. Gonna take phone and get pics monday.

Thanks y'all.

One things is for sure and thats no matter what its worth it still will be another money pit in your yard

How can you say that? Maybe the guy will buy it for $500.00 and sell it for $1,000.00. I would call that a money MAKER...not money PIT. It's only going to be a money pit if he pours money into it and does not recover any for his efforts.

Guest Knucklebuster

Doc's dropped bomb last week, starting chemo next week. Thought had it whipped but just a minor setback.:)

Gonna go look at car later in week though and will get some info. DB truck WILL have precedence over this one if I get it.

Headlights will be here by thursday. Really looking forward to seeing what came on the 34! Cant believe I am so excited by a pair of headlights HAHA

I wish you the very best and hope you have a speedy recovery, hope that truck is a 29/30 so I have something to talk about also :D

Guest Knucklebuster

Greetings folks,

Been busy-inspectors from DC. Anyway I stopped and got pics but feel weird loading on DB forum but this is my home so...why not.

As far as I can tell, the only piece of chrome missing is the tip I circled on fin, and of course the headlight rings. Everything under the hood looks present and original. I am cleaning out a storage spot at my Dads place for this monster and bringing it home, hopefully to bring back to life. Growing up a Chevy fan but being best friends with a Dodge guy I have only recently fell in love, and fell hard. Dodge had the fin in 56-Chevy stole it for 57!!!(at least looks that way):)

As far as me I am told this will take care of problem and can get back to bending wrenches very soon.

Still waiting on build sheet Sir but Im thinking '33 is gonna be the answer-sorry ;)

p.s. Anyone know what kind of engine that is, I have never seen one like it before. Thanks

post-67224-143138491429_thumb.jpg

post-67224-143138491434_thumb.jpg

post-67224-14313849144_thumb.jpg

post-67224-143138491446_thumb.jpg

post-67224-14313849145_thumb.jpg

post-67224-143138491455_thumb.jpg

post-67224-143138491459_thumb.jpg

post-67224-143138491464_thumb.jpg

post-67224-143138491469_thumb.jpg

post-67224-143138491474_thumb.jpg