New guy

macc

Hello everyone my name is Mac I'm new here from Sacramento. I recently picked up a new project a 63' Riviera. I've had it about 2 weeks now. Just been trying to get it running smooth. ANd leaning as much about these old Buick's as I can. Here's a pic of the old girl

post-73902-143138464988_thumb.jpg

Hi, Mac. Welcome to Riviera World:D. You have found the best place to post questions. There are several very knowledgeable first generation people on this forum. If you haven't done so already, I encourage you to join the ROA. It is well worth the expense.

Also - good looking car. Hopefully you can post some outdoor pictures so we can get a better look at it. At least you don't have 20 degree temps with 18 inches of snow in the ground like we have here in Minnesota.

Hahaha I know right it's beautiful out but a freezing (for us Cali ppl lol) 46 out. I'm trying to get some outside pics but I need to get her running good enough to pull her out lol. I'm glad to hear about all the knowlege on here I deff will be picking some brains with several questions I can forsee it now haha

About 3,000 Riviera Owners. Check it out - www.rivowners.org

$30 per year for tons of information. You'll only access a couple of hundred owners on these forums. Lots of guys have been around these cars since they were new. Some don't have access to the internet, but are really well informed. The "members only section" has lists of vendors, suppliers, and all sorts of history that you'll really be able to use. The bi-monthly magazine has about 5-6 pages of classifieds cars, parts, literature, rebuilding services, etc. as well as a wanted section.

Ed

Best advice you'll get from this forum.

Ed

Second best advice: Buy a factory shop manual! They are available as reproductions on paper and on CD, so you don't have to spend a lot of money on an original one.

You will find everyone here very helpful, but you owe it to them (out of respect for their time) to have at least LOOKED in the shop manual for the topic first, and then let's go from there.

Welcome macc. You must be the same guy from the boulevardos site,right? Sac isn't too far from Russ at Centerville autorepair. Great guy and our local expert. Look him up for parts and questions. Your also in the same city as the Buick bonery. Mike has plenty of buick parts.

Yep same guy :) Thats great to hear I deff need a few parts! Thanks

Welcome macc. You must be the same guy from the boulevardos site,right? Sac isn't too far from Russ at Centerville autorepair. Great guy and our local expert. Look him up for parts and questions. Your also in the same city as the Buick bonery. Mike has plenty of buick parts.

OK Macc: I tracked that one for some time. First it was $2500 next $2000 and finally $1800. It seemed like it might have lots of possibilities and I was really surprised that it didn't sell sooner. I'm in the East Bay, the car was in Willits, up the coast. I might have taken a look at it but timing was far from good.

Glad you got it and post some pictures! Mitch

Yeah I was watching it for a few months on there every time it was relisted the price dropped! It was a drive to go get it took me 3 hours from Sacramento but it was a hell of a deal I didnt pay near what he was asking for it. The paperwork was straight on it too, a lien sale but I didnt even have a problem registering it. It only cost me $1 to get my tittle and plates!!