alsancle

PreWar Mercedes Benz

Selling a Mercedes 380K rear axle and searching a 540 engine / manuals for the Mercedes G4 and 3,2 L Kübelsitzwagen.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Hexa3 said:

Selling a Mercedes 380K rear axle and searching a 540 engine / manuals for the Mercedes G4 and 3,2 L Kübelsitzwagen.

Hello. Do you have only one thing from MB 380? 

Things have been a little too quiet around here lately.   Has this been posted yet?   A 320 Cab A Lang.   Very attractive body and the same wheelbase as a 540k.

320CabA.jpg

• Like 1

I disagree....it’s NOT a 320........it’s a 290. I just found one a few weeks ago..........down south. Needs everything. 

I can't tell you how sad it makes me that Ed has to point out the obvious.  I was thinking about what the visual differences were between the 290 and the 320,   top of the front fenders are a little different?  Anything else so I don't do that again?

Hi all,

I am a new member here and would like some information on some 540k bright work. One wheel is missing the star. Are there any suppliers for these or leads for new ones?

I have had hardware and bright work cast and plated in the past but I want to see if anyone has leads before I go thorough this process.

Thank you,

RG

IMG_7105.jpg

IMG_7106.jpg

On 11/3/2019 at 8:12 AM, alsancle said:

I can't tell you how sad it makes me that Ed has to point out the obvious.  I was thinking about what the visual differences were between the 290 and the 320,   top of the front fenders are a little different?  Anything else so I don't do that again?

Since I know the car, the owner, and the shop that did it........it was an unfair advantage.........even with the plate on the front of the car. There is a similar car sitting in a garage about a mile from me here in Palm Beach........just an old used car. It was for sale about a month ago, bit I didn't ask for a price. It looked like 500k would spruce it up and make it go down the road. 

A 320 is an expensive restoration project.  Not as bad as a 500k/540k because the mechanics are simple but everything else is just as expensive.

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

A 320 is an expensive restoration project.  Not as bad as a 500k/540k because the mechanics are simple but everything else is just as expensive.

The only cheap thing on a Mercedes is the owner! They are wonderful and very complicated cars.......a real handful......and beyond the ability of most collectors to deal with. Even into the 50’s there was a lot of hand work in building them.

• Haha 1