ACADIAN BEAUMONT COUPE

1964 ACADIANBEAUMONT "Coupe". Factory Bucket Seat, Console car. V8, auto, ps, pb, Quadrajet 4-Jet 4 barrel carb option. Open to offers. Runs; however, restoration is required! Possible WILLYS trade?

BACK TO THE FUTURE!

WILLYS KNIGHT, WHIPPET OR WILLYS TRADE OR ANY WILLYS "COMMERCIAL" FOR A POSSIBLE TRADE, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED?

post-53974-143138424423_thumb.jpg

post-53974-143138424431_thumb.jpg

post-53974-143138424438_thumb.jpg

Edited by Willys77
BUMP & MORE INFO ADDED. (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Bob Call

Looked at the thread on the Pontiac forum. Got to say to me regardless that GM Canada called it an Acadian Beaumont, its a Chevelle Malibu with Tempest grill and odd one off Novaish taillights neither Chevy or Pontiac.

Don't be so defensive take the advice, put on the Chevrolet forum also. Identify it as what it is, Canadian built Malibu built and sold by GM Canada Pontiac Division.

I think it was probably GM that decided it was a Pontiac, even if by badge or small differences only. Now a couple of savvy members want you to admit it's not a Pontiac, they know more than GM and they seem to think their opinion carries more weight that the car's manufacturer. If the car's owner and the manufacturer want to call it a Pontiac then let them, geez!

Looked at the thread on the Pontiac forum. Got to say to me regardless that GM Canada called it an Acadian Beaumont, its a Chevelle Malibu with Tempest grill and odd one off Novaish taillights neither Chevy or Pontiac.

Don't be so defensive take the advice, put on the Chevrolet forum also. Identify it as what it is, Canadian built Malibu built and sold by GM Canada Pontiac Division.

It's a Canadian Pontiac. Yes, it may be a Chevelle Malibu with a different grille, taillights and trim, but it also had a Tempest dash and more Tempest than Malibu interior. It wasn't quite one or the other as I recall. One of my Canadian cousins had a '58 Pontiac Strato-Chief 6 cyl. powerglide that he traded for a '69 Beaumont 2 door hardtop. I have always found Canadian versions of US cars very interesting.

Just try to locate the Canadian Trim for a Beaumont if you don't have it! Chevelle Malibu trim is easy to locate ~ Pot Metal Castings versus aluminum ? for starters. No repro Dash Pads available either as the Pontiac Dash Pad has a Pontiac Emblem molded in. Otherwise you could use the Malibu piece. How many FARGO or MERCURY Trucks have you seen? What about MONARCH or METEOR cars? "Badge ~ Engineered" stuff, EH!