WHAT IS IT------PLEASE HELP

Guest broker-bob

Guest speedydeedy

It looks like the roof section over the doors of a car like a model A Ford. Can you post pics of a different angle to see the top and curvature better?

Guest broker-bob

Want to thank every one for the input,,,,,, on the first picture I really thought it was a large waffle with legs------------------------BR

Guest windjamer
:) Glad you like the speedies Steve. Most folks outside of the aeria have never heard of them. Believe it or not, I have friends in the state of Washington that I send a speedie survival kit at least twice a year.If I forget they call me wanting to know where it is. If I was a smart man I would get a special permit and bring a thousand lbs. or so to Hershey,but I dont want to hurt the outher food vendors.:D

We have metal like that in Poland.... Usually the stuff is in a wagon pulled by a horse..... But new EU regulations regarding the trearment of horses makes this a less profitable business than in years past

Just an observation...... please carry on.....

What's in the other boxes? The one on the bottom is plastic.

Why aren't we allowed to look at something good like these Speedies-things

And honestly I think everyone here has helped raised the interest in not only rusty boxes but things you can send easily in the mail........

Guest broker-bob

the box in question and ones around are filled with comprter stuff had a computer guy living with me and he just took off ----------------leaving me with the stuff---------------------LIKE I NEEDED MORE STUFF

Guest windjamer
:) OK friends, speedies (Not the correct spelling but close) Are small pieces of meat,about a half in. square,and you marinade them in a sause for a day or so and cook over a open flame, (useally). Sam Lupo invented the resapee (sauce) maby 50 years ago and sold spedie sandwitch,s and subs. in his resturaunts here in Binghamton NY. Today we have every year what we call Spedie fiest and baloon ralley. We have baloons from all over the U.S. that come to Binghamton (sometimes 30 or more ) and competition cook offs for spedies. We also have a local car show (2days) There are awards for the baloons,spedies and car show.This is a charity event and last 3days. Bring your old car or hot rod and join us.:) I think the event draws well over 100,000 visitors

26 1/2 x 2 1/2

That is about the length of my coupe doors. I imagine that with that length and contour that it is the body sill below a roadster door. Most roadster bodies of the era had a wood "subfloor" between the frame and the body that the sill was screwed to. This photo of a roadster shows where I believe those pieces go. This car seems to be missing them. Of course, this is just a theory.

post-37352-143138420572_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest broker-bob

I have a good part of my basement with old and outdated and broken compruter stuff some vhs and dvds and old computer books----I will through in the cardboard box------ANY INTEREST ?