1932 Nash and EMF coupe photos

keiser31

The E-M-F photo reminds me of the story of the formidable English dowager, whose

nephew told her in 1910 that he had just bought a sports car. "Young man"', she said, looking down her regal nose at him, "a sports car is any machine through which I cannot walk upright whilst wearing my hat."

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

Guest EMF-Owner
What's the car beyond the Everett Metzger and Flanders?

The Coupe was one of the body styles offered by E-M-F in 1911. They were only offered for one year and few have survived. Do you happen to know who owns this car? Would like to know for the E-M-F Registry.

You can find out more about the E-M-F Automobile at the E-M-F Homepage at the following URL:

http://emfauto.org

Look in the photo archive for 1911 and you can see an image of an E-M-F coupe from factory documentation. Also a photo (of possibly this same car) from a 1973 Hemmings.

Have a great day.

John

Guest Silverghost

That E-M-F car owner could easily wear his Top Hat to the Opera in that coupe'

Many horse carriages from the times just prior to the automobile had similar high roof-lines as did the early electric autos .

Guest De Soto Frank
The Nash is a great car. But the tires are totally wrong and the colors are inappropriate. Finally, did Nash chrome their vent doors?

Just looked up '32-'33 Nash in my Carspotters Guide, and it shows a couple different period photos with Nashes with "fat tires" - these were either Goodyear "Airwheels" or General "Jumbos".

All the images were black and white, so I can't speak to the color; none of the cars in my book had chromed vent doors...

Pretty snazzy-looking coupe!

Just looked up '32-'33 Nash in my Carspotters Guide, and it shows a couple different period photos with Nashes with "fat tires" - these were either Goodyear "Airwheels" or General "Jumbos".

All the images were black and white, so I can't speak to the color; none of the cars in my book had chromed vent doors...

Pretty snazzy-looking coupe!

The wheels are General Jumbos.

The wheels are General Jumbos.

Were those available on the Nash? I will take back the comment if they are correct for the car but to me they look like modern wide radials (with the added insult of white walls). I still love the 32/33 Nash Advanced 8/Ambassador.

Were those available on the Nash? I will take back the comment if they are correct for the car but to me they look like modern wide radials (with the added insult of white walls). I still love the 32/33 Nash Advanced 8/Ambassador.

I figure they were aftermarket items that one could put on almost any car of the era.

Guest EMF-Owner

keiser31,

Do you think there would be any problem including the picture of the E-M-F on the E-M-F Hompepage Photo Archive? I would like to add it to the collection.

Thanks

John

keiser31,

Do you think there would be any problem including the picture of the E-M-F on the E-M-F Hompepage Photo Archive? I would like to add it to the collection.

Thanks

John

There will be no problem at all and I am glad to have found the photo in my stuff to be able to contribute. I will look for more photos of that car in the bunch. John

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)