Nice 74 GS For Sale - Great Pics

JZRIV

Don't see these too often.

Buick : Riviera - eBay (item 330498016052 end time Nov-25-10 04:21:36 PST)

This ad has outstanding pictures.

At one time I didn't give these "forgotten" Rivs a second look but over the years they are growing on me. I really like the tail lights above the trunk. Someday I might own one If all the planets are aligned.

Does anyone know what the black control switch is for just under the dash pad on the top right above speedo?

post-50687-143138362012_thumb.jpg

Jason,

I was able to click on the picture and enlarge it some. The switch says "ANT DN LO HI" It would appear to be the switch for the power antenna.

You're right, these shouldn't be forgotten. There are so many little innovative details on these cars that make them very unique. I'm imagining that this is probably one very comfortable road car. It looks like it's been driven, but very well maintained.

Ed

Very nice survivor and virtually no rust (by Ohio standards). '74 was an interesting transition year and I concur that they 'grow" on you over time. The steering wheel is an example that even their Hi-line luxury models weren't immune to parts-bin raiding from other divisions as this model has the Cadillac steering wheel from '71-73. Finding the woodgrain intact on the edge of these steering wheels is a very rare find.

Contacted the seller on this car. It is on a Craigs List continuous loop. A dealer has it on consignment for $12,500. I offered $8000 based on a search of the Jaxed 74-78 Rivieras and he countered at $11,500.

The dealer was a rare pleasure to speak with.