my new old olds 1938

Guest sixsuper

Liz, I like!

There's a 1938 ad you need to find. Large format centerfold, not sure what magazines it was in, but it has a red Curved Dash in a turn-of-the-century scene on left side of the page, and yellow and blue "1938 Style Leaders!" in a late-30s Art Deco on the right half. Mine is at the other house so can't tell you all the details of it, but anyone with a '38 should own it. It's a striking advertisement especially when matted and framed.

Longtime OCA President Steve DeNovi once said collecting Oldsmobiles is a disease. Looks like you're developing a full-blown case!

Guest oldslady liz
Liz, I like!

There's a 1938 ad you need to find. Large format centerfold, not sure what magazines it was in, but it has a red Curved Dash in a turn-of-the-century scene on left side of the page, and yellow and blue "1938 Style Leaders!" in a late-30s Art Deco on the right half. Mine is at the other house so can't tell you all the details of it, but anyone with a '38 should own it. It's a striking advertisement especially when matted and framed.

Longtime OCA President Steve DeNovi once said collecting Oldsmobiles is a disease. Looks like you're developing a full-blown case!

thanks i will look for it.. i may even have it.. i was given so many albums to go through with the total restoration and reciepts etc .. i saw some advertising pics in there as well.. thanks again for the tip..can i see your 38?

Edited by oldslady liz (see edit history)

Guest oldslady liz
She's a nice one - I know you will really enjoy it. Mine may never look that good but I have high hopes.

good luck with yours..love to see pics..thank you

Guest oldslady liz
Very Cool car...I own a '37 8 cylinder. You will enjoy! Hope you join NAOC and AACA!

thanks very much.. i would love to see a pic of yours.. .. i am a member of both... ... i am an OLDS fan!!!!:D

• 2 months later...
Guest Jim_Edwards

Totally ridiculous! Ridiculous that I don't have a '38 much less one that looks as nice as yours. You're going to get a huge amount of enjoyment from that car, not to mention all sorts of oohs and aahs anytime you park it in a public place. Doesn't even need to be a car show.

Jim

Guest oldslady liz
Totally ridiculous! Ridiculous that I don't have a '38 much less one that looks as nice as yours. You're going to get a huge amount of enjoyment from that car, not to mention all sorts of oohs and aahs anytime you park it in a public place. Doesn't even need to be a car show.

Jim

oh i cannot wait for spring.... just to show her once in the local show.. just to drive her down the road for the first time... she is all tucked away and it is snowing .. i have a long wait... thanks for getting me more impatient...lol..thanks for kind words.

• 4 months later...
Guest oldslady liz
Nice Car! I have have one but but it is on my "to do list". It is all original and needs a complete restoration.

Have fun!:)

Tim

thanks very much and good luck to you... show us step by step...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest daveagain909

I have a 38 olds with a 6 cylinder, burgundy 4 door humpback,. just got it done, where are you located? just love these cars....

Guest oldslady liz

Lets see some pics please..i love the color burgundy... must look stunning.. i am in upstate ny.... love these cars too..but i love lucille the 55 olds too.... thanks..

• 1 month later...
Guest oldslady liz
Great looking Olds. To echo what Steve Moskowitz said....do hope you join AACA

i just may join eventually.. right now just had the front seat newly upholstered...after the show season ends we will get the rest of the interior done. The interior was okay...but the seat sunk in...so one thing leads to another..haha....we did it the original stock type.. and then hubby put in a new exhaust system.. we are off to first local show this coming sunday... i cannot wait to show her off for the first time...

Liz, AACA opens up a whole new world in old cars. I put off joining for many years, and am still not that active even though I finally sprung for a life membership, but it's a definite good investment for any old car owner- especially pre-war car owners.

The Olds Clubs are great too, I've been in those for many years too, and unfortunately pre-war cars don't show up at their National Meets that often. Even NAOC struggles to get the really old Oldsmobiles out.

Guest oldslady liz
Liz, AACA opens up a whole new world in old cars. I put off joining for many years, and am still not that active even though I finally sprung for a life membership, but it's a definite good investment for any old car owner- especially pre-war car owners.

The Olds Clubs are great too, I've been in those for many years too, and unfortunately pre-war cars don't show up at their National Meets that often. Even NAOC struggles to get the really old Oldsmobiles out.

thanks for this info .. i will definitly look into it...

Guest oldslady liz
Here is one I saw in NZ, Feb 2011.They are good looking cars. Stephen.

wow it looks so much like mine except it is a 4 door... very nice..thanks

• 1 month later...