1940 packard 110 jack

dtdoerfler

I not sure on a convertible 40, but 41 and 42, in a wheel jack, about half the sie of bumper jack and then a jack stand that slip under the axle after the car is raised up. I think it must of been some one idea to save metal for the war effort. Last one I found I pass along to a friend for is 42 180.

According to Reedy & Shaub's book on Packard jacks, the green bottle jack was used for 1937-39 junior cars, and 1939-1940 senior cars. The 1941 110 was supplied with a bumper jack. The authors have given me permission to post the occasional picture from the book, let me know if you need it.

I would be interested in picture of the 41 bumper jack. Packards42@yahoo.com

John

Consider yourself lucky to find a jack, I search 10 years to find my first 41- 42 Senior Packard jack set. U hub jack with adjustable axle stand)

I have a spare junior axle jack stand if anyone needs one $30 plus shipping.

Edited by packards42 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
No, but there is a number on bottom of base. SJ 1863 and them a 17 below that. Thanks for the help!

I have a 1863 stamped jack for sale. Saw same 1863 one in a trunk of a Packard this year at the Saturday Hershey Car Show.

This jack looks IDENTICAL to the jack in the Packard Tool Guide. Matter of fact I showed this jack to one of the authors Don and he tells me that it's written somewhere in the archived Packard design drawings not to pay attention to casting numbers as they changed frequently. The jack I have does not have any numbers at the top.

Hard to find jack.... in 10 years of junk collecting this is the first one I've come across. There are maybe 3-4 other jack styles of similar model that look nearly the same: this one looks identical.

1935Packard, as far as I know the Reedy & Shaub book on Packard jacks and tools is still current, it was for sale by one of the authors at the Gettysburg National meet this past July. It's a bit more of a subscription that a book, it's a looseleaf binder for which you receive occasional updated or new pages.

If you want one, I'd suggest contacting one of the authors: Don Reedy, 11910 Indian Lane, Hagerstown, MD 21740, (301)-797-6166.

• 6 months later...
Guest stof0206

Good Day Packards42

I would be interested in your jack for a junior 110 Packard, let me know if it is still available.

I'am busy restoring a 1940 110 Touring Sedan and I need some parts. I'am from South Africa, so If you know of anybody who would be able to help I would be grateful.

Regards

Christof

Packards42, when you say "I have a spare junior axle jack stand if anyone needs one $30 plus shipping."

Do you mean the green jack for Jr. cars shown above?

Thanks

Steve, no it only the stand that use in conjunction with the wheel hub jack.

• 4 years later...
Guest MANUEL LUQUE

John

Consider yourself lucky to find a jack, I search 10 years to find my first 41- 42 Senior Packard jack set. U hub jack with adjustable axle stand)

I have a spare junior axle jack stand if anyone needs one $30 plus shipping.

Hi Packards42:

The spare junior axle jack stand is for a 110 1940? Are you still selling it?

Thanks

Manuel

• 2 weeks later...