1941 Super Exhaust Source?

qbansmokr

My suggestion -Check Waldron on Google. If you need there address and number, let us know.?

You can get regular steel or stainless.

John

I checked Waldron and they want $370 plus shipping for aluminized. I also checked Classic Exhaust and they want $220 plus shipping. Why such a difference? Anyone use either of theses vendors?

I've used both. I like Waldron's. They have sold me a perfect exhaust for my Wildcat. They have been supporters of the Buick shows, I met them at Flint. The other had a a pretty good system (duals) , just 1 bad bend for the duals on my Wildcat, but one side does hang down more in the back despite my efforts.

I will buy from Waldron's again. Soon! That will be my 3rd system from them.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Straight eight

Waldron is my supplier also., Very satisfied. he's as honest as the day is long. Just a straight shooter, the kind of guy you want to do business with.

• 8 months later...

Just an update.

I purchased a complete aluminized exhaust from Waldrons a while back and installed it last week. It fit absolutely perfect! Bends were perfect, all pipes fit together perfect, muffler is exact and the entire system sounds great.

I highly recommend Waldrons as a source for exhaust systems.

Also a shout out to Chuck Emery from Ft. Smith Arkansas. He supply's correct support/clamps for the 41 and they are great as well. I purchased mine from a well known supplier but I could tell they came from Chuck.

Just asking here, but does anybody have pic's of really wild headers/carbs on a Buick straight 8 ? Something from the old bonneville days ? Or maybe, 4 S.U.'s off a jag and "snake pit" headers, like off an old cosworth F-1 car. Has enyone ever mounted a blower to theirs ?

Not that I would ever do it to my LTD, I would just like to know if it has been done ?

Mike

Guest outlaw car man

I just ordered a new system from Waldron's for a 1933 Buick 90. Should be here Friday. They called and we went over measurements on the car, seemed to really bother. $300.00 from exhaust manifold to tail end. Muffler is 61 inches long.

Dave Corbin told me he has used them forever, that was enough for me.

Any help on where to get the hangers for the system, 1933 Buick 90. Chuck Emery contact ?

Thanks,

Sandy Jones

Way to go "firstborn". That's a start. Especially the 4 barrel version, w/ #1 cyl ex going back to the 2nd dump. Somebody really thought about the firing order there.

The first pic looks like a "supertrap" on the ex end.

Now lets see the "blower version" if there's one out there.

Sandy,

My muffler is also about 5' long and nestled up in the frame rail. I had some rattles recently from our 3 blocks of dirt road where we live, but a bit of "wedging" and a few more hangers has solved the isssue.

Mike

Just asking here, but does anybody have pic's of really wild headers/carbs on a Buick straight 8 ? Something from the old bonneville days ? Or maybe, 4 S.U.'s off a jag and "snake pit" headers, like off an old cosworth F-1 car. Has enyone ever mounted a blower to theirs ?

Not that I would ever do it to my LTD, I would just like to know if it has been done ?

Mike

Chuck Hammond and his brother fabracated to their 320 homade fuel injection and headers in their dragster I saw it run one or two times at bandimare made a run time of 8.5 -9.2 @ 160-170 mph in the 1/4 I dont know what happened to them it has been 10-12 years ago. RAINMAN was on the car. These boys had that 320 tweaked out and wanted more

I just ordered a new system from Waldron's for a 1933 Buick 90. Should be here Friday. They called and we went over measurements on the car, seemed to really bother. $300.00 from exhaust manifold to tail end. Muffler is 61 inches long.

Dave Corbin told me he has used them forever, that was enough for me.

Any help on where to get the hangers for the system, 1933 Buick 90. Chuck Emery contact ?

Thanks,

Sandy Jones

Chuck Emery's number is 479-646-1481. I don't know if he has parts for your '33 but it's worth a shot.

I got a complete system from Waldrons. It fit perfectly, but was louder und very unlike Buick. So I checked with them and they exchanged the muffler against a "silent" one. Be aware that they seem to have two types of mufflers for those who want their environment to take notice of the car and those who prefer the silent humm.

I got a complete system from Waldrons. It fit perfectly, but was louder und very unlike Buick. So I checked with them and they exchanged the muffler against a "silent" one. Be aware that they seem to have two types of mufflers for those who want their environment to take notice of the car and those who prefer the silent humm.

You are right but I was asked when I placed my order whether I wanted the OEM sounding muffler or the louder one. Surprised you weren't asked because they seem very thorough.