Windshield frame for a 1919 Cadillac Limo

Guest 19caddylimo

Guest 19caddylimo

Hi there,

Just signed up a few minutes ago so this is my first post.

I just purchased a really nice original 1919 Cadillac Limousine. I believe it was a military staff car as it's painted OD Green. It also has a flag holder on the front end. The car runs and drives amazingly well.

Anyway, the lower windshield frame is so rotted out that it's not salvageable. I was hoping that someone out there may have one or no of one somewhere. The limousine's lower frames are square across the bottom, whereas the touring cars and some other models are curved. So not all 1919 frames are interchangeable.

Anyway, I know it's a long shot, but I though this forum could be of help. I posted this on the Cadillac-Lasalle blog a few weeks ago, but they recommended I go here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bruce Rice

Snohomish, WA

post-69756-143138288063_thumb.jpg

Guest 19caddylimo

Hi guys, thanks for the replies.

It is a neat car. It came from the Harrah's Collection when they started their big auction in the '80's. They bought it from a guy in Oklahoma in 1960. It was in their museum until 1983. This car has been in Washington state since then.

I requested information about the car through the GM Archives, but they don't have any record of the serial number, so maybe it was built specifically for the military. I really don't know and neither do they. I haven't researched the MVPA as of yet, but that may be my only other source.

The windshield frame is 43" wide by 9" tall. The metal frame only borders three sides of the glass (both ends and the bottom). I don't know if there are any interchangeable frames from other cars but now maybe the dimensions will help.

I have been to the Cadillac-LaSalle website, but after my unusual request they sent me to this one.

Anyhow, I'm enjoying the heck out of the car. In fact, tomorrow we'll be at the local all Cadillac show in Tacoma. A friend of mine, who happens to own a 1910 Cadillac, will be caravanning (trailering) our cars to the show. Should be fun!

If anyone is interested, there's a short video posted on YouTube. Just go to the site and type in "1919 Cadillac" and it'll pop right up.

Thanks for your help.