Concours Monterey 2010 pictures

Guest Dean_H.

Guest Dean_H.

It's the big car week for Monterey and Pebble Beach. I live about thirty minutes away and drove down on Thursday to see the cars on tour. They stop in Carmel for lunch and it's pretty cool to see them departing. In Carmel you can see some fantastic cars, and it's all free. :-)

I had the still camera and got some pics. But my wife did pretty good using the video feature on her phone, so I'll post links for her videos instead of too many pictures. It was a lot of fun, we really enjoyed ourselves out there.

YouTube - old cars 3

YouTube - old cars

YouTube - old cars 2

YouTube - old cars 1

c4.jpg

c3.jpg

c5.jpg

c6.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

v

Edited by Dean_H. (see edit history)

This Forum needs more photos like this in the posts, makes for interesting event coverage. Thanks for taking the time to post them. That Type 50 Bugatti on top was a local car for many years. Is that last Duesenberg J-444? If so that was local too, until Otis Chandler had it. Looks great with Blackwalls again!

Guest Dean_H.

Thanks guys, there were a lot of Pierce Arrows and even a few Studebakers. It must have been the theme for this year. Pictures are better than nothing, but the sounds and fumes from the cars made the show. A few of these fancy-dancy million dollar cars ran terrible. It was amusing seeing them backfire and belching smoke. :-) Here are a few more pics

d11.jpg

d15.jpg

d14.jpg

d13.jpg

d12.jpg

d10.jpg

d9.jpg

d8.jpg

d7.jpg

d6.jpg

Guest Dean_H.

Yeah, Alsancle, that was beauty. It was sort of funny walking through the cars before they started moving. They were super shinny and perfectly clean except for that one pierce. It was dusty and dirty, the windshield had bug splats, very cool. I think he was smartest owner out there, just open the garage and drive down to pebble beach. Other owners are waxing and polishing for five days prior.

Guest Dean_H.

Wow! One million for a tucker? If I had that kind of money, it would be spent on a Duesenberg for sure. I don't think a Tucker was on this cruise. There was an oddball red car... I'll have to go through my pictures to make sure it wasn't a Tucker.

Someone told me it cost $175 to get into the Concours, and all the auction places are charging hefty fees to get in as well. A little pricey for us poverty stricken types. :-)

Nope, that is no Tucker which is a very very rare sight driving down the road - and not just because they made very few.

That red car is the one of one DeSoto Adventurer ll. It is a 1954 Ghia bodied show car.

post-37352-143138278132_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)