1951/52 buick identifaction

Guest bennybenson07

Guest bennybenson07

Would like help in trying to tell which year car i just bought. It has been parked out behind a old shed,sorry not a barn find but pretty close. It has 51 grill,51 dash but mod. 1952,body no. bc 1968,trim 41, paint 01 ser. no 266Ixxxx. Has visor and stainless trim over rear fenders. If someone could tell me with this info what i have before i try to title it. thanks in advance Benny

Sounds like a '52 if it has the little chrome fins on top of each rear fender. Look at the data plate on the firewall, and next to model # it should say 51-xx or 52-xx, the xx being the series and body style number. I believe 1951 and 1952 dashboards are the same.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Guest bennybenson07

Pete: The dash on a 51 has 2 gauges which this one does andthe 52 has one. Would you know what model it is. If it is a club coupe they only made those in 1951. Thanks pete. Have a great day. Benny:)

Guest bennybenson07

Thanks pete: I took pictires today but don't know how to load them. Help would be in order here. Have a great day.Benny:)

Thanks pete: I took pictires today but don't know how to load them. Help would be in order here

To add images on the bottom of the screen

1) Click on 'Go Advanced'

2) On the top row of your reply box you will see a paper clip. Click on it or on “attach files manage attachments" down the screen-.

3) The 'Manage Attachments' window will appear.

4) Click on the 'Browse' button for that window.

5) A browse dialog will appear. Browse to the location of the file on your computer.

6) Click on the file

7) From the 'Manage Attachments' window click on 'Upload'.

8) Close the 'Manage Attachments' window.

9) Submit your reply when the message text is complete

Be sure to check on the upload screen they are attached by scrolling down

Have also read there is a limit of 2000 pixels when posted as an attachment You can also add images to a gallery. Check your User CP (Control Panel)

For graphics software to resize images (and much more) try IrfanView - Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide. Free to download with many features. Easy to use.

Guest bennybenson07

I for some reason was not able to post pictures even after your fine directions. So just let me explain the data plate. 1952 mod,style no. 4311d, body no. bc 1968, trim no. 41, paint no.01 Thanks again. Benny :)

Guest bennybenson07

Thanks Martel: I was told that the grill is a 51. He said that his front bumper is just a little different and the two little uprights continue to the bottom of his on his 52.

Benny, could his be a Super or Roadmaster??

Yours is definatly a '52 Special as confirmed on the cowel mounted data plate, [although the model number seems to not be there], the name Special on the rear fenders, and the chrome fin on the rear fenders. Fins are only on '52s. You also have the '52 hub caps

Ben

Guest bennybenson07

Thanks to all for your info. I know its a long road ahead but will get started on getting this wonderful old ride back on the road. There seems to be plenty of knowledge on this forum so will be on here quite often i'm sure. Benny :):)

Guest 52buick72r

The grille installed on your '52 Special is correct for the model year; 1951 grilles had 24 teeth (including the stubby outer verticals) versus the 19 pictured.

Unless you are going to install AC or some other 12 volt items, my advise is to stay with 6. BE SURE to have heavy enough battery cables. At least a 0, prerferably a 00 size cable. This will be about the size of your THUMB. Any smaller will be inadaquate. Take the starter, generator and voltage regulator to a good auto electrical shop and have them gone thru.

Wher are you located, Benny.?

Good luck

Ben

Edited by First Born
Add question (see edit history)

Guest bennybenson07

Thanks Ben: I'm located right outside of boise idaho. It is just great this time of the year.lots of sunshine and alot of rust free cars. Benny :)

• 2 months later...
Guest bennybenson07

Ben: Project has been put on hold.wife just surgery sheduled for breast cancer so all my time will be directed to her. We have been married 44 years and i would be lost without her. I believe we caught it early. Thanks for the note will contact later. Have agreat day. Benny