I need a price range for a miniature Thunderbird made by Audi

Guest bnjymouse

Guest bnjymouse

Can anyone give me a price range for a 1962 2/3 size replica of a Ford Thunderbird, made by Audi? It doesn't run because the engine is sitting under the bonnet unattached to anything, and the upholstery is slightly worse for wear, but otherwise its in fairly good condition. Also, any ideas on where best to advertise its sale?

-edit: as asked, here are some pictures

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52269215@N05/

Edited by Rawja
Fixed Link (see edit history)

is this like a motorized cart or minature childs car? (a picture would help)... as to sell... hemmings or ebay would be the place. (just now a new thought...maybe it's a dkw or other european small car from the 60's...)

Edited by mrspeedyt (see edit history)

This is an actual car made by Audi as a competitor for the Karmann Ghia Volkswagen.

It was made from 1958 to 1965. I believe they had a fibreglass body, front wheel drive and a 3 cylinder 2 stroke 1000CC engine.

Here is a picture of 2 of them at a car show.

1962 Auto Union Sp 1000 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

What the value might be I have no idea. I wouldn't mind having one myself if it wasn't too expensive. Just for the hell of it.

It would certainly stand out from the crowd, like a team of harness zebras or a girlfriend with 3 ears.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

another place to show it is bringatrailer.com . they have a lot of interesting cars. as far as value... condition, demand and location are big factors. the car could be worth $500 to somebody and $5000 to somebody else. with some effort it could be worth more.

If you are truely talking about the Auto Union car shown, have you tried any of the mini/micro car clubs on line??? There are also a couple of Yahoo microcar groups that may be helpful. There used to be a DKW/ auto Union club in existance. Did you google that??

A car like your's sold at Hershey, around 3 years ago. The car was in very good condition. It drove and had no rust. The car sold for $18,000. There was even a photo of it in Hemmings. On the other side, there was one on ebay, the needed work. It did not run and a tree had falled on the roof, putting a big dent in it. It was listed for $3000 by a dealer and did not sell. So the value of your car, it's what some one will pay for it. Being a odd car, you might find someone who wants it bad and will pay big bucks, or someone who wants to give you $2000 because its a odd car. Cars like this there are no set values, because of how odd the car is.