Outside rear view mirror recommendation request

pint4

I am looking for some good quality outside rear view mirrors for my 1933 and 1935 Buicks. I guess it would be the type that clamp on the door frame. I don't have much of a gap as my doors fit fairly tight to the body. The set screws on most mirrors that hold them tight seem to cause interference against the frame. Any one have a recommendation and a source for mirrors that would work. My email address is pint4@new.rr.com.

Thanks,

Bob

I don't know if they would fit your Buicks, but there are some companies that make a rear view mirror for the door that fits in the outside door hinge pin space. I know Snyder's Antique Ford Parts sells them as well as others. Maybe they could be modified if they are the wrong size. I'm going to use these for my Durant doors as I don't like the one with the set pin as it causes damage to the metal.

Guest De Soto Frank

I would also vote for the hinge-pin mirror, if that's an option.

Check your Buick sources... if nothing there, try the Filling Station, and see if there's anything for the '32-'36 Chevy that might work.

Does your Buick have a three-hinge door ?

If your Buick has side-mounts, there are mirrors that strap to the top of the tire...

I don't care so much for the clamp-on the door-lip version... seen too many door lips get marred.

Jay M Fisher

4B Acken Dr

Clark, NJ 07066

United States

732-388-6442

Mail order only. Manufacturer of sidemount mirrors, 1900-1970, inside mirror restoration, windwing brackets, radiator caps, mascots, small parts fabrication, leather straps, restoration of any mirrors. Catalog, $2 cash plus 55� SASE.

Jay Fisher (and wife) makes high quality mirror assemblies to include hinge pin variant.

Guest bofusmosby

pint4

I am in the same boat as you are. I desperately need some side mirrors for my '37 Pontiac, but the place where the mirrors would mount on the door are very close, so I am afraid that they would not fit, or cause some damage. Please post what you finally decide to get and how they work out.

durant28

Can you explain more about the mirrors you are speaking of, and exactly where they mount. I'm not sure that I understand.

Guest De Soto Frank

How about this, from The Filling Station:

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?Parta~PartSort~A0~~~~~A90~A81

Supposed to fit '26-'33 Chevy closed vehicles.

If copying the link doesn't work, got to "www.fillingstation.com", click on "online catalog", then go to the search boxes, and click on "Category" - find the "Mirrors" button, and click on that. The mirror I'm refering to is at the top of the first page.

You might also want to go to Google Images, and search on "1933 Buick " and "1935 Buick", and take a look at what other owners are doing for mirrors...