Dante Red

38Buick 80C

OK next wheel topic, (can anyone guess what part i've been working on lately).

From my research there is no formula known for Dante Red. I've heard it's anything from fire engine red to Ferrari red.

SOOOOO......

What what colors have y'all used for Dante Red in your restoration.

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)

• 11 years later...

I realize this is a very old thread but does anyone have a formula for Dante Red or a color that is close? Bob's doesn't sell the paint anymore and I am striking out at my local autobody supply.

For what it's worth I have a Dante Red color sample from Lewis Jenkin's color and trim book, but the color shade of the sample changes over time.

Thanks

Leif

• 4 weeks later...

I have a gallon of DuPont Dulux Bugatti red which is the wheel color for on a 1938 Corot Beige car. It’s never been opened since the mid ‘90s but anyone can have it for the shipping charges. 

1 hour ago, Shootey said:

I have a gallon of DuPont Dulux Bugatti red which is the wheel color for on a 1938 Corot Beige car. It’s never been opened since the mid ‘90s but anyone can have it for the shipping charges. 

Your location?

Just to be clear, this is not Dante Red. Bugatti Red is more of a brick color and is called for only on Corot Beige body color for 1938. The paint is genuine Dupont and is Dulux enamel which is what was used on wheels. it is an unopened gallon can but I have no idea of its condition.