Central CT Region Meet June 13

The Central CT Region AACA will host our 36th annual Spring Meet on June 13 (rain date is June 27 - always two weeks later) in Glastonbury, CT.

95-115 Glastonbury Boulevard, Glastonbury, CT

If you collect it or want to show it, we have a class for it!!

This is one of the few CT meets that still judges by class and will have a swap meet as well.

This year we are looking to feature Corvettes and the Classics. As always, I am hoping to ask our prewar friends to show up as we usually draw some pretty cool cars.

We are hoping to have our friends from Blackhorse Garage (see the latest issue of HMN Sports and Exotics for a nice article on them!) as a featured guest and I am working on getting Mr. Laferriere from RI to come down for the day.

Hope you can join us!

I am working on getting Mr. Laferriere from RI to come down for the day.

Hope you can join us!

Steve, Happy to bring an arsenal if you are prepared to keep my 2 and 4 year olds entertained. Now that my Stanley is steaming like a Champ, that might be possible . Antique car rides? Face painting? Caricature drawings? Full model T assembly demo. Stanley Steamer Demo, hand crank demos, dunk tank for the organizer? Inflatable Bouncy houses for the kids<u1>. </u1><o>

</o>

• 1 month later...

Last years show...just a few pics. i did not photo the newer cars, muscle cars, fire trucks, smaller trucks and other catagories which had many entries

...just a few pics taken for a guy that could not go. He likes 50s and older cars.

post-59419-143138214309_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138214313_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138214317_thumb.jpg

post-59419-14313821432_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138214323_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138214326_thumb.jpg

post-59419-14313821433_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138214333_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138214335_thumb.jpg

post-59419-143138214338_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Bump - hope to see many of you THIS SUNDAY in glastonbury.

If you do come please say hello - look for the guy with the Laferriere Classic Cars shirt and orange vest, who could stand to loose a couple pounds. Of course, if Tom fits this in his schedule, he would be the OTHER guy with the Laferriere shirt on, no vest, and not quite as well fed!

(BTW - THANKS for sponsoring us Tom! We always donate a large portion of our proceeds to local charities.)

Hope to get up there to do a little spectating--enjoyed it a lot last year.

I noticed a 6/27 rain date published by CenConnAACA.org - I know it's early, but any feelings on what it would take to have the rain date invoked, Steve? And if so, would the web site get updated? Or other suggested placed to look for updates (like this thread perhaps)?

Thanks,

Steve from Stony Creek

Steve - first thanks for supporiting the show. Tough call this year, we had the show, no rain all day (literally a few drops early AM and mid day, nothing more)) but very grey all day long. Last year we had faith in the forecasters and decided at 6:15 AM to go on even thought it was raining. It cleared to a beautiful day. This year it was dry at 6:15, and we made same decision, but got 1/3 of the cars and people due to the threatening weather all day.

But those who came got treated to some interesting cars, nicest King Midget and trailer I ever saw, and a near perfect '37 Packard Dietrich Convertible Sedan, to name two. So thanks to all who did come out.

That said, we recognize the past couple years have been a challenge weather wise. I think the club will continue making the weather call the morning of - we now need to get with the times on updating people, I think my cell phone will blow up if we have a third year so questionable in terms of weather!!

Due to some other unplanned stuff happening at home, I got up there a little late, but still enjoyed seeing all the cars that were still there, plus visiting with a few friends who were also there.

No pictures downloaded from my camera yet, but hope to get that done soon.

Another pair of cars that caught my eye were the late '50s or early '60s Mopars (a wagon and I think a 2-door sedan) that were both based in the Shoreline area, and made for an extraordinary visual treat.

I am a little biased, but I also enjoyed my buddy Bill's black '63 Sunroof Bug, and also my buddy Greg's brown '54 Ford Pickup Truck.

In all, the show was extremely well organized in every way, including the very clear well-explained PA system announcements that were audible all around the show field.

I was also very pleased to receive a copy of the extremely well-done show booklet, when I paid my spectator admission fee.

In all, my hat is off to the Central CT Region for another great job!

Steve from Stony Creek, CT

• 6 months later...

Steve - thanks for the very nice write up!! Do not think of it as a late review of the 2010 show, think of it as a preview for the 2011 show!!

Will be following up in the next couple weeks with particulars. Handling publicity again and are looking at "Early Speed" as a theme - thinking speedsters, raceabouts and runabouts from the teens and earlier.

Anyway, thanks again - the past couple of years have been dicey with weather, hopefully we make out better this year.

Steve

Steve - thanks for the very nice write up!! Do not think of it as a late review of the 2010 show, think of it as a preview for the 2011 show!!

Will be following up in the next couple weeks with particulars. Handling publicity again and are looking at "Early Speed" as a theme - thinking speedsters, raceabouts and runabouts from the teens and earlier.

Anyway, thanks again - the past couple of years have been dicey with weather, hopefully we make out better this year.

Steve

Sounds very cool, Steve--hope I can make it back to G-bury this year!

Steve from Stony Creek