Do You buckle up??

I buckle up all the time. And all my passengers, even told my grandpa to buckle up please once. Kids used to like the seat belt check (sudden stop). I've found with seatbelts when you need one you don't have time to put it on :)

I fish tailed the maser 3 times this morning coming to work on the ice, working on the vw:(

Guest My TC Toy

I have worn seat belts since our family bought a new Valiant in 1964, which was equipped with lap belts. And we all know today how safe lab belts are!! With all the data that is available today about the advantages of "seat belts" I would suggest that anyone refusing to use them is laking in the common sense department. Manufacturers are constructing safety shells today that are better than ever before and the only problem is keeping us inside these shells. Sure, some people can sprout line and verse about someone who was killed in a car crash but unfortunately these deaths will still occur and can only be prevented, in most instances, by more careful driving on everyones part.

Guest BarelyFit

BUCKLE UP!

I am living testimony to lives saved by seat belts. Three major crashes (one head on) with minimal immediate damage. Two were the result of 'the other guy' (and one my own youthful exuberance (high speed). I dont think I would have lived through any of them had I not been seat belted.

Guest ImperialNorth

The telephone company I worked for would give you a day off without pay if they caught you driving without your seat belt on. They also gave you a hard time if you backed out of a spot that you could have backed into and avoided backing into traffic. It all boils down to common sense.

Guest d_voitel

You bet I do! I installed lap belts on my '56 Ford convertible for safety. My '57 Autin Healey came with lap belts as well. I won't drive or ride in a car without them. Used to work for the telephone company and like the earlier post, safety was of utmost importance. I wish I still had the Ford and Austin Healey, but such is life.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest My TC Toy

I would think the purpose of seal belts is to keep a person inside the cage of the car. The cage being the protective component. Strapping yourself to a cycle seems to me to be counter productive. I think I would want to get away from a flipping or skidding cycle, you have no cage to protect you.

Guest eyc0r
I would think the purpose of seal belts is to keep a person inside the cage of the car. The cage being the protective component. Strapping yourself to a cycle seems to me to be counter productive. I think I would want to get away from a flipping or skidding cycle, you have no cage to protect you.

Lighten up, my friend ;) I wear my SuperMan cape in addition to the seat belt!

Guest eyc0r
Good for you eycOr, this site need more normal people and not so many know it all's.

Are you admitting you don't know it all?? jk ;)

Guest eyc0r
A few yrs ago my bike did a dozen end overs on I-25 here in Denver, do you loan out that cape??? I feel much safer strapped into the 89 tc, even without airbags ( no back seat, if you get my drift).

Always one of the downsides to a scoot.... I feel much safer in my TC too :)

To answer your question, yes, I lend it out... hahahaha :cool:

Guest My TC Toy

I did not notice anyone complaining about the logic of my comments! The superman cape is a good thing, as long as it was made of undistructable material in case of a crash and if I did know it all I'd be richer than I am. Stop complaining for the sake of complaining.

OK Lou, time to chastise the children!!

Edited by My TC Toy (see edit history)