'32 Buicks

Guest 64e225

Thanks Mark. I like all series, but Big Series are my favorite. Bigger car and bigger power plant!:)

It was good to see you Saturday at the swap meet. I was the young guy at the Puget Sound Chapter BCA booth.

Alex,

Right, you may want to get with Pat Brothers who lives just up the Columbia Rv between Portland and Multnomah Falls. He has a 1932 50 series running chassis & plans to make a boat tail speedster from it. I drove it last fall. Send me your email address and I will get you in touch with him...

• 1 month later...
Guest 64e225

Here's one For Sale on Seattle Craigslist:

1932 Buick

Looks nice. But it is a small series with wood wheels...

Is the asking price ball park? It's out of my range, but Just trying to establish what these are worth and actually selling for.

Alex,

For a 32 in nice shape that one isn't a bad price. You just have to make sure that the interior wasn't done in velour. Seems like an awful lot of cars restored in the last twenty five years have the wrong material and or color interior. Now, I'm sure there are people who don't mind it but I'm not a fan.

If this one is out of your price range then you are going to have to get one that needs a lot of work and you'll probably end up spending more than this one.

1932 Buicks are my favorite model year. They have the old look of the 31 and earlier cars with the first signs of the "modern" look. The sunvisor is gone , it has the doors instead of louvers on the side of the hood, the dual chrome trumpet horns to match the dual tail lights. Last year for the exposed radiator through the shutters and non skirted fenders. The curved door handles. The whole car has the "look". When I get mine out for a drive, there's no feeling like it. Here is a picture of mine. It's a model 90 and not restored at all. It's all original but it's a 20 footer.

bubba

post-30973-143138192096_thumb.jpg

post-30973-143138192098_thumb.jpg