PHILLY -2010

Terry Bond

We just got home and were glad to see the snow begin to disappear as we crossed back into Virginia. Of course if you followed the "weather" thread you are well are of the super effort it took a lot of folks to get there and carry on with another fantastic Annual Meeting. I look forward to a lot of posts and great pics from Wayne, Bob and many others. I'll even add a few of my own later.

Susan and I want to take just a moment to express our thanks to all who had a part in working to make this event fantastic. We also want to tell you how exciting it is for us to represent AACA as your President and First Lady. It is indeed a very special year and we are truly inspired by all of the enthusiasm for AACA and our future.

We look forward to seeing you on the road and ask you to watch for our regular contributions to the forums.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AACA!

Terry

I was happy to see four great cars on display in the trade show area, despite the difficult weather. I'm still not sure how they get them up there. They must be disassembled and carried up the steps.

I'm continually impressed by the organization of the AACA. It's an inspiring organization.

Phil

Di and I returned home from the AACA's 74th Annual Meeting yesterday.. and as always... we had a wonderful time (even with the 1:15am fire alarm on Friday morning :D)

Congratulations AACA President Terry and First Lady Sue Bond on being at the helm this year. With the 75th annivesrary, it should be a busy and extra exciting year.

Good decision on the general Membership Meeting and National Awards Banquet. The general membership meeting was the appropriate place for the induction of Directors, President, etc, instead of Saturday night as always previously done. Rescheduiling these events to the meeting made the awards banquest a lot less lengthy and a more enjoyable awards celebration without the official business having to be conducted.

It was too bad a some people had to cancel at the last minute due to the weather but there was still a great turn out. Some arrived late but still made it. At least the weather was gone by Thursday and you could get around outside for dinner, etc.

Thank you to Mike Jones and his dedicated staff for another geat Annual Meeting!

Susan and I want to take just a moment to express our thanks to all who had a part in working to make this event fantastic. We also want to tell you how exciting it is for us to represent AACA as your President and First Lady.

Terry, aside from you being our new president, as a National Director, I'd like to thank you and the rest of our national board members for everything that you did to recognize the tireless efforts and dedication given to us by Fran Shore. Too often people who go above and beyond the call never receive the recognition that is often earned, and I for one am thankfull to know that Fran left Philly yesterday knowing that she is loved and very much appreciated.

I would imagine that the homeless are probably more at ease knowing that Fran will no longer be trying to get money out of them for an AACA fundraiser....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way to add to the drama of the fire alarm story, the 2009 President of my region was on the 25th floor when the fire alarm went off, and his wife is in a wheelchair. WHen the alarm went off he was beside himself as to what he was going to do when they said don't use the elevator.:eek::eek::eek:

On the other hand, being that my room was on the 8th floor, when the alarm went off, I looked out the window, saw how the street was under my window and knew that I was low enough for the ladder truck to get to me.:D:D

A 75th anniversary, a late night fire alarm, being a northerner and hearing southerners complain about snow, the recognition of a hardworking member, a resignation, a new president, being able to hang with some old friends (no offense Wayne), seeing Steve Moskowitz grow both taller and gain a white beard, and being able to go to some good seminars, it was my first trip to Philly. It was an experience that I'll look forward to doing again.

..... I would imagine that the homeless are probably more at ease knowing that Fran will no longer be trying to get money out of them for an AACA fundraiser....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .....

Just to be on the safe side I am still going to make sure I have an extra $5. :D People like Fran might step back but never completely away from something they love.

And speaking of love, Fran you know that I love you and thank you for everything you ever taught to me. I hope to see you at a show very soon. :)

Guest Art Griffin

Terry,

Congratulatons on being our new President for 2010!!

You probably saw my earlier posts about the problems that the three of us from the Cape Canaveral Region had with our flight cancellations. We spent time on the phone and on the Internet with the airline, but we couldn't get a flight on Thursday at all, and there were also no flights available on Friday until the very last flight of the evening. We might have been able to arrive at the hotel around midnight Friday. Anyway, we got our heads together, and after missing all of the activities through Friday, we decided not to take a chance on getting bumped again.

I have been at the AACA Annual Meeting for about 20 years, so I really hated to miss this year's meeting.

OH, WELL.

Anyway, Congratulations again Terry!!!

Art Griffin

We missed you Art but understand the problems with travel. Gads - just look at our region website (Tidewater Region) to see the total white-out we were traveling into before we decided to camp out in Delaware. It was just plain scary! Anyway-you were there in spirit I know and I am certainly glad to have you on the team this year. Looking forward to seeing you in Florida in a couple of weeks. It'll certainly be a welcome break for those of us who think snow is ok on TV for the Olympics, but not anywhere below the Mason-Dixon line!

Florida here we come!

Terry

Guest Siegfried

Terry, very pleased to hear that you are the AACA national president for 2011. Especially seeing how this is the AACA 75th. anniversary year.

Once again the AACA has made an excellent decision in regards to our leadership.

I was hoping for a long time to see both Mike Jones, and yourself as well as several both past, and possibly future becoming president. The AACA does an excellent job in regards to bringing capable leaders into its leadership positions.

Congratulations once again, and all the best for 2011......