winged da radiator ornament

Guest 28vic

i have a winged radiator cap with db on top in a circle and a bird head that latches the top. the cap screws on the radiator. any help identifying this?

i have a 28 victory six that has not seen the road in many years. it was pulled home about 30 years ago when it just stopped... fuel i think. t..his is a vg 2 dr car with minor rust in doors only i have a 291 to hotrod the but am just too fascinated with it to change it. any thoughts?.

Edited by 28vic (see edit history)

I have a thought, if you cant appreciate the car the way it is ( assuming original ) than why not sell it to someone that can, if you offer it for reasonable price than someone will buy it.

:)

Attached is the photo of the radiator ornament.

'28 Vic,

The wings are after market generic rad cap. The wheel part is a authentic Dodge Brothers accessory. It is part number 25603 and was introduced in '25 at car Number A-462367. It is pot metal and most are self destructed and all that remains are the little quarter size DB medallions. I hope this helps.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

• 2 months later...

On the actual Dodge part, the round piece with the 'DB' in it. Are those the ones that suffer from pot metal disease? Is there any chance someone has one in one piece that I can make a cast from? Minor surface pits aren't a problem as I can fix that once I have a mold of the original.

Thanks,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

CAN ANYBODY OUT THERE HELP ME WITH A PICTURE/DRAWING OF THE QUICK FILL RADIATOR CAP FOR A 1927/28 SENIOR SIX

THE BASE APPARENTLY SCREWS ONTO THE RADIATOR AND THE TOP HALF HINGES BACKWARDS LIKE THE ABOVE PICTURE. THE SENIOR CAP HAS A BOYCE MOTORMETER ON TOP

THANKS IN ADVANCE 2251DB

• 1 year later...
Guest olejalopy

have musical horn for sale three trumpets works well used on the big 30,s cars , not enough room under the hood .smaller cars, also maybe too expensive

The DB part is listed in the book "Motoing Mascots of the World" by Bill Williams as a 1925-27 factory item. I have two of them, both of which suffer from "pot-metal disease" - I think they were made to self destruct with age...

The botom cap looks a lot like a Model A Ford cap.

Yes...the very bottom piece is a 1928-29 Model A item.