55 vent window frames

MrEarl

I don`t know why they are different.

I`ve seen the SS moulding placed over the pitted pot metal frame with pretty good results.

Here`s a question for you....why is the `55 more attractive than the `54?

I'll limit my response to a simple "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", hence Buicks 1954 slogan... "The Beautiful Buy" ....and what was 55's? "Thriller of the Year" or something like that.:o

Will say this though, 55's dash is just as pretty as 54's. They just forgot to drill the hole half way across the dash and insert the cigar lighter like in 54, so they screwed it onto the bottom, close to the driver right knee. Making for an interesting situation when ever the lady passenger needed a light.

Why am I already regretting having tried to answer the posed question? Can a moderator please go ahead and lock this thread. :rolleyes::o:D

Get me outa hear Percy

I`ve seen the SS moulding placed over the pitted pot metal frame with pretty good results.

Here`s a question for you....why is the `55 more attractive than the `54?[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D:D:D I heard reports of an earth tremor in Athens, Georgia today!!

that could be good news for me - i have a 55 2DR HT and aquired a set of the stainless steel covers - what mods were required to "pull this off"?

maybe the differance in the Pot vs. SS had something to do with the "Flappers"

Your sweep spear pieces are in the mail. Don't mind that the package is tickin........

Guest Skyking

Will say this though, 55's dash is just as pretty as 54's. They just forgot to drill the hole half way across the dash and insert the cigar lighter like in 54, so they screwed it onto the bottom, close to the driver right knee. Making for an interesting situation when ever the lady passenger needed a light.

The lighter mentioned above was a nice design for any other car. When I had my '64 Chevelle, I added one of those '55 lighters on each side of the rear panel above the rear armrest in a vertical position. That's back when people like myself smoked. They worked great!