Twisted off a bumper bolt

Guest chuck_rudd

Guest chuck_rudd

Is there a supplier for specialty hardware for older Buicks? 1968 Skylark Custom. Front bumper chrome-headed bolt twisted off. Since I am just getting going on this project I suspect there will be more opportunites for me to need some non-standard fasteners.

Guest chuck_rudd

Never thought those bolts would be that universal. I am also finding other fasteners missing - like some long slender chrome screws that hold the headlight gate in place.

Not sure what the above reply means when referencing a "resto house"? Could you maybe provide a name of one or two of these?

BTW - thanks so much for the quick responses - I really appreciate that.

The bolts I am talking about are the chrome bolts that hold the bumper to the bracket. They are a carriage bolt with a round head and a square that fits into a square hole in the bumper. They have a stainless steel cap pressed onto a mild steel bolt.

These were used on practically every car made from the forties thru the eighties or whenever they stopped using chrome bumpers. Every auto parts store should have them.

Is there a supplier for specialty hardware for older Buicks? 1968 Skylark Custom. Front bumper chrome-headed bolt twisted off. Since I am just getting going on this project I suspect there will be more opportunites for me to need some non-standard fasteners.

Got a photo of one? I will look in my can of bumper bolts for one if I know what it looks like.