Studebaker six

Guest pennypoo

Guest pennypoo

Hi everyone in America

My name is pete and i live in the UK,i have just purchased a 1930 studebaker six. Some past history that i know is that she originally came from New Zealand and was left in a garage for 30 years before being restored and sold to a famous diamond merchant from switzerland, she was then sold on to a scotish vintage car enthusiast who drove her back from switzerland to scotland taking two weeks.After owning her for 8 years he has now sold her on to me. Has any one any useful info on these cars for me :confused::confused:

Thanks pete in the UK :):)

Hi everyone in America

have just purchased a 1930 studebaker six. Has any one any useful info on these cars for me :confused::confused:

Thanks pete in the UK :):)

I am not sure what you would like to hear :)

Any car from that approximate year is styled well. Those are my favorite years...just after the boxier 1920's styling, and also before the "fat fender" style of the mid 30's. The people who like that age of car (around 1930), are getting scarcer, unless it is an open bodied car....and those open bodied cars are likely treated as investments.

I was just reading a printed club newsletter from the UK called Hood and Fender.... I was suprised that this issue showed mostly BIG american cars from the 50's.

I know there are many early US cars there, but perhaps it's just like here in the States, they rarely come out of storage?

As a general rule, it's best to post pictures when asking questions Pete :-).

Be sure to join the Studebaker club. I'm always amazed at how much knowledge is found with the marque specific clubs. I'm a big fan of the 1930 to 1938 time frame, the height of auto manufacture in my mind. Best of luck with it.

A.J.

Your question is too general. If you want to see some interesting replies show some pictures, or at least a model and description.

Ask a specific question. The more arcane and technical, or obscure or irrelevant the more likely to start a lively discussion.

What do you want to know? What specific question has you itching for answers?

Worth asking your question here: Studebaker, Erskine & Rockne - AACA Forums

and here Studebaker Drivers Club of NZ -- Classic cars | vintage cars, car enthusiasts and historic racing

33% chance is was sold NZ to Switzerland by Dr Heins Classics

He sells many car to Eu :(

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)