Where do you want a BCA National Meet

38Buick 80C

For scouting purposes, it might be good to look at where other national clubs have had their events. For example, I was doing some looking around for club events and discovered the International Thunderbird Club is having their national meet in Springfield, IL at the Crowne Plaza the last week in July, 2010. I know it's probably not the same size and magnitude of a BCA National Meet, but seeing what others are doing--and where--might be a way to research future BCA National Meet venues. Not only specific hotels, but room rates and local sights to see.

When we were finalizing our 1996 National Meet bid, there seemed to be a bunch of car club national meets in the DFW area in 1993-4. This allowed some of our members to have the opportunity to network with the people that put on those events PLUS to see how potential host hotels handled the influx of car people (and ALL they might bring with them). Plus also walking the grounds to see how everything did or did not work. This local networking and research allowed us to better fine tune our venue search, big time.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Guest Huggybear58

Well, after all of that good discussion, I would like to propose the West Coast and the fine state of Washington. It would be nice in Mid August, 2012. Not in Bellevue again but go north to Everett, Marysville area, so all the Canadians will come down also! The tribes have the facilities up north, including tons of shopping, and what ever you want to do, is right there. Take a day trip cruz around the North west part of Washington and around Deception Pass, check out the brand new Harley Dealership, stop by the Buick Dealership with your old Buick and watch the sales people drool on your car while you can check out the new Buicks on the lot! You can even do a junk yard tour or two, if your really interested and into that stuff to! I know I can not convince our club members to ever do another one, so I am sure that idea is out:(

Michael,

Good idea to go to the NW again, but still too close to the Bellevue meet. Portland would be more attractive with one of the best airports on the west coast, Mt. Hood, Columbia River Gorge attractions, etc... The Model A club, HCCA, Truck Collectors Club, etc... have all had very successful national meets in Portland.

My Two Cents...

But I have the same problem with my local club sponsoring a national meet.....

I am not opposed at all to a west coast meet in some of the more scenic by ways such as the San Francisco "area" - remember I am not a local so have no idea but see all kinds of scenic areas associated with wine country.

Ditto Oregon. I am 46 and have no real reason to go to Oregon but would love to check out every state in the union, and Oregon would be fine with me.

Guest Huggybear58

Mark, I like the idea. If the Portland Chapter would put on the National, I know our club would support. I know the NCC would do all to assist them in putting it on.:)

Guest BMBLBE
For scouting purposes, it might be good to look at where other national clubs have had their events. For example, I was doing some looking around for club events and discovered the International Thunderbird Club is having their national meet in Springfield, IL at the Crowne Plaza the last week in July, 2010.

In addition to the T-bird Nationals, the Hot Rod Power Tour will also be coming to Springfield in 2010 for their third time (downtown area will be closed for the tour). Springfield has hosted other nationals in the past.

http://www.planonspringfieldil.com/auto/

Springfied is located between St. Louis and Chicago Chapters.