O.K. GUYS TIME TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE

Guest AlK

Well I have just accepted an offer from a guy in North Carolina. Thanks one and all for your interest and support. This has been a most interesting 5 days. I think this thread will be talked about for some time. Thank God it was not a Packard Carib. Conv. or I really would be a dead man walking.

On behalf of my wife, I'd like to thank the guy from North Carolina...

Now I can direct my attention back to that 59 2 dr ht tucked away in these parts ( not the one Thriller has his eye on, but its twin).

Am I seeing 2 white 59 Buick 2 dr hts side by side next summer??

wellllll. I to am hiding a 1940 super from she who must be obeyed. This car to was destined for the crusher is a complete car and ran up to two years ago. Nothing in this super will fit my 40 century but I just couldn't let it get crushed so I gave the man to hundred dollars put it on my trailer and bravely headed over my friends house where it sits today. This car is complete but was setting outside for long long time and it looks it but it is all there all I want is the Jack and radio is anybody interested. If not it's going to be hard to convince my wife it's her Christmas present

have a great Buick day

Frank

Not about a Buick, but a similar story. Some years ago I purchased a 1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer for the purposes of getting it ready for the Buried Car meet in Tulsa Ok. I also kept this knowledge from "SHE, WHO MUST BE OBEYED". I succeeded until about 4 months from the time of the meet when I had to bring it home from the upholsterers. Of course it was all painted by then so it looked a lot better than it did when I got it. She was more P.O'd at the fact that it seemed that every Tom, Dick and Harry knew about it but her, including a guy that we met at the Buried Car Meet, that she did not even know. How I survived all that is beyond me. Also look at the number of viewngs for this thread over one thousand.

Finally we can all get some sleep!

Hear hear, To the new owner, I look forward to following the restoration over in the Me and My Buick forum. My offer still stands re the stainless pieces. Just let me know when it's to the point of installing them. :)

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

wellllll. I to am hiding a 1940 super This car is complete but was setting outside for long long time and it looks it but it is all there all I want is the Jack and radio is anybody interested. Frank

Frank,

I am looking for a 1940 Buick project. If you can send photos of it, I can get a better idea. send to abc.moran@netzero.net

Thanks

I am a big fan of the 1940 Buicks.

On behalf of my wife, I'd like to thank the guy from North Carolina...

Now I can direct my attention back to that 59 2 dr ht tucked away in these parts ( not the one Thriller has his eye on, but its twin).

Am I seeing 2 white 59 Buick 2 dr hts side by side next summer??

I doubt it...it would be nice. Perhaps a couple of years out. I actually think I want the one you are looking at though...The Boss is a fan of green and the green interior in that one with the Arctic White exterior would probably suit her. Of course Joseph would be ecstatic with either one. Then again, I do have a couple possible takers for the '56 now, so anything is possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

BOB

I went and reviewed this thread to get to you. Have you done anything with the car or not??????

BTW guys, where is my BUICKMAN award nomination. :D:p:o;):):rolleyes:

ALK

Hey Lamar,

I suppose I`ll have to pay shipping.

Bob

Guest Rob McDonald

AlK, thanks for checking up on this car and raising its thread back up to the top. Many of us missed it the first time 'round. Great story, cool car.

I once came across a '57 Cadillac 4-door HT with similarly extended rear quarters, enclosing a conti kit. The forward-sloping fins looked great hanging out there but it really did weird things to the car's proportions. Maybe it's just the camera angles you chose but this '55 Century didn't seem to suffer that.

BOB, indeed, we are ALL now eager to hear the continuing story of this loaded, stretched beauty.

I haven`t done anything with the car except remove the Selectronic radio and electric antenna and had both restored.

I have too much going on to get to get to it.

There is/was no transmission but otherwise very complete.

Anyone want to make an offer?

Bob