Rebuilding my 1953 Buick Nailhead

53buickconvert

Please keep us informed on your progress...I am soon to start a complete rebuild of my '54 322 Nailhead.

I have been looking around for the full rebuild kits but I'm told there are some issues with the oil gallery plugs, particularly on in the rear where they install too deep ans cut off oil flow.

Could someone elaborate on exactly which one?

Good luck with your project are you doing the assembly yourself?

• 1 year later...
Guest 56Chevy

how do you start a 53 Buick? Starter switch location? My Buddy just hauled one home... I can't figure it out.

hi buickconvert53, i wouldn't send anybody to egge machine shop, i personally had a set of egge pistons in my 53 pontiac straight eight, completely and professionally rebuilt, then 15,000 miles later one piston came apart. so please stay away from egge machine shop. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Guest 56Chevy

Thanks for the info! I looked under the gas pedal for a switch and all over inside the car... Sure didn't think to look at the carb. or linkage to the carb! I'll see if we can get it going in the morning.

Thanks again!

Roger

Guest 56Chevy

Thanks again Ben! I looked at your pictures, loved the 50 Special! My mother had a black 1950 Special when I was a kid.... I think she kept that car 10 years, she liked it so much. I was born in 1950 and remember it in the drive when I was 11. She traded it in, for a 1960 Impala.

Thanks again!

Roger