Clark's - Carpet, Vinyl & Upholstery

Ron Luchene

Just a quick note about the quality of Clark's products and excellent customer service.

Earlier this summer I asked the folks at Clark's to send me a few carpet, vinyl and upholstery samples. They promptly sent them out and I soon made my choices. I immediately placed an order for wind lace so that I could mix some paint to match. About a month later I ordered door panels, rear armrest covers and the rear package tray and to my surprise the vinyl didn't match the wind lace I had received at all. While I suspected there may be some variation this was considerably different. I called Clark's and they immediately took ownership of the problem and stated that they had not replaced the vinyl samples when the new roll of vinyl had arrived. The only issue now was that they didn't have enough vinyl to do everything I needed including custom seats. They asked me to hang on to what I had and they would send me new samples when the next roll of vinyl came in.

About 5 weeks went by and I received a call from Linda indicating they were sending out a sample for me to compare. Unfortunately the new sample didn't match either. They asked me to return everything I had received to date and in turn sent me all new product. They even paid all the freight!

For the last couple of nights I have been working with the pieces I received and am totally impressed with the quality and fit of Clark's products. While there may be other vendor choices I do not know to many who will stand behind their product like Clark's! If you have a need for carpet, vinyl or upholstery they are definitely the ones to call. You won't be disappointed. :)

I've had the same great experience with Clark's. I bought a custom interior kit for my '65, and the quality of the seat covers was first rate. And, as Ron noted, the customer service is a throwback to the days before automated answering machines and poor service that is the norm most places these days. They're friendly, efficient and utterly reliable.

• 2 weeks later...

I have known Clarks going way back, we use to sell them a lot of Corvair windshields as we are a glass wholesaler of newer and older classic car glass located in Andover, MA. They have a great reputation and straightforward.

We have some Riviera glass if anyone needs a part drop us a line at richardt@prosourceglassintl.com or check us out at Prosource Glass International Always good to see Massachusetts folks. Richard

Richard??? (took a chance based on part of the name from the email address.)

I'm sure there's a market for glass for our early Rivieras. I for one will be needing a windshield for my '64 next spring (In its orginal life it was subjected to much sand and wind from the AZ desert.)

Only a very small fraction of the Riviera Owners Association membership reads or is active on this forum. To reach the biggest number of members possible from the ROA, I'd suggest that you contact Ray Knott, our director, and put an ad in our magazine. Ray can be reached at ray@rivowners.org.

Ed