"Coffee Can" headlights for my 1931 Ford 2 man Indy car. See photos!

Dear Friends: Greetings. Thought you might like to see my latest car,built in early 1970s by Duesenberg collector Jim Talmadge,who was film star Buster Keetons son. I bought it from Tamladges son Michael,who is now 62 years old.Jim found the authentic 2 man body in a building in Indianapolis around 1970.He was told it was off of a Miller Indy car. Has a HAL sohc head on a Model A Ford block, and shortened chassis,and twin Winfield carbs. Jim built the rest of the body,from the firewall foward. It runs like the wind! I want to find a pair of "coffee can" headlights for the car,to match the 'coffee can' fog/running lights on it. Does anyone have any,or have a lead for me? The headlights should be around 8 inches or a little larger,in diameter. Many mid 1920s cars used the coffee can type,like Husdon,Essex,Olds,Etc.Would prefer totally chromed or nickel ones. Also want to find a period set of 4-6 knockoff wheel hubcaps,that I can attach over the top of the factory Ford 4 inch hubcaps currently on the car,to make the wheels kind of look knock off. Thanks,George Albright,Ocala,Fla. Email; gnalbright@gmail.com cell 352 843 1624

post-62459-143138138081_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138138084_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138138085_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138138087_thumb.jpg

post-62459-143138138089_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the answer.I need a set of lights,rather than a single. Plus they need to be mid to late 20s, NOT with a mounting fork,but instead a mounting bracket like 30s cars. Finally I need a set with a diameter of 7-9 inches,as ones with 10-12 inch diameter will be to large for the cars scale. Thanks,George PS The coffee can running/fog lights are made by S & M,of Los Angeles Calif.

I did something similar to what you are thinking of on the wheels once a long time ago and found that those fake bolt on knock offs looked really cool but were in the way as they stuck out a couple of inches. In the long run it wasnt worth the hassel of triping over them all of the time.

Still looked cool though....

• 1 month later...