1950's car hauler with buicks on it

wildcat1562

Guest my3buicks

I got an email recently with a bunch of vintage car haulers attached which included these - when I was looking at them I noticed that the 55 Super Cpe on the top rears front end is a different shade than the doors back - also note the wheelcovers.

Guest Skyking
thought it was just a few nice pics to pass on

Greg

The photo with the 55 Buicks reminds me when I was 9 years old. My parents were buying a new 55 Century from B.A.Dario in Providence. We went to the warehouse down the road from the dealership and it was filled to the brim with 1955 Buicks of all models. My parents picked out the Black & White 4 dr. H.T. Century....................I remember that like it was yesterday. To this day, my father can not figure out why he didn't buy a convertible instead............

Guest Charlie Larkin

Neat pictures. I've found it very, very hard to find pictures of auto-racks from the 1940s and 50s. Is there a good book out there with a good selection of pictures? I always thought that would be a nice way to easily (and space-efficiently) display my models.

Charlie Larkin

I'm sure I could make use of one :rolleyes::D

Yes you could with your fleet. :D First things first, not sure what you have in Canada, but here you will need a Class A license to drive something like that. Of course you could aways hire me to drive it for you. ;) Dandy Dave!

I have a factory information book detailing how to load and carry 1950 buicks. One of the things I find amusing is that there is instructions on how to add a oil proof sling between the cars on top and the ones below. You see they leak now because they leaked straight out of the factroy!

I have a factory information book detailing how to load and carry 1950 buicks. One of the things I find amusing is that there is instructions on how to add a oil proof sling between the cars on top and the ones below. You see they leak now because they leaked straight out of the factroy!

That is funny....

...in a funny 'cause it's true sorta way :D

Guest sintid58

There used to be an old early 60's late 50's car hauler that sat in a junk yard along I-80 by Sidney Nebraska. I haven't been by there for a few years so it may be gone. Always thought it would be neat to buy it and fill it with cars to take to the BCA annual meet.