Buick newbie question

Dwight Romberger

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Mark:

The Bible occasionally rebukes those of little faith. I don't do that BUT:

2,360,614 is in fact a 1930 frame number. It was issued to the 15,969th 1930 Model 47 built. There were 47,294 Model 47's for USA use and 202 more exported. Specifically, this is the 6045th model 47 in the third batch of Model 47 frame numbers issued by Buick. There were 15 batches of frame numbers used, so this is a car about 30% of the way thru the model year.

Regards, Mark's friend in the PWD,

Dave Corbin

Mark: I'm teasing you!

Thank you all for the welcome, and thank you Dave for the information.

I bought this Buick on ebay this week, and I am picking it up in R.I. on Monday.

I am a life long admirer of pre-war buicks and have just now been able to fulfill my dream of owning one.

I am overflowing with questions, but I will wait until I get it home to organize them.

Dwight

We have two technical advisors for 1930 Buicks.

Beuford Hall lives in the Indianapolis area and has 4-5 1930 Buicks.

Jim Burgess is more of a drive train advisor and lives in Flint.

Their contact information is listed in the Bugle and on the web page

Dear Mark:

The Bible occasionally rebukes those of little faith. I don't do that BUT:

2,360,614 is in fact a 1930 frame number. It was issued to the 15,969th 1930 Model 47 built. There were 47,294 Model 47's for USA use and 202 more exported. Specifically, this is the 6045th model 47 in the third batch of Model 47 frame numbers issued by Buick. There were 15 batches of frame numbers used, so this is a car about 30% of the way thru the model year.

Regards, Mark's friend in the PWD,

Dave Corbin

Mark: I'm teasing you!

ROFL...thanks Dave...I haven't had a good laugh like that in some time. My faith in the Corbin Database hasn't wavered and, in fact, has just been re-affirmed.

Mark...oh ye of little faith ;)

:D:D:D:D:D

Dwight - welcome to the world of the fine pre war Buick. Now, if you aren't yet a Buick Club of America member, you may want to get yourself over to http://www.buickclub.org and click on Join. Good luck with the 1930.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Dwight:

If you live in Allentown, set aside the 6th thru 10th of October and come to the BCA tent at Hershey and the Society of Automotive Historians tent. Also, you might want to hit the Buick vendors at Hershey and the literature dealers.

Regards, Dave Corbin