My three Buicks (two Buicks)

Guest Redwind89

Guest Redwind89

So I have been a member of this board for a few years now and have never put my self out there with my Buicks, so here we go. My three/two Buicks are 2 1989 Lesabre T-types. One is black that has 208K the other is red with 96k. Buick 3 is my 2003 Regal Ls with 64K. the reason for the 2 is cause I just sold my black t-type on Saturday. It will be missed but it's in a good home still it went to a fellow Buick guy who has been looking for a Lesabre T-type for a few years. here are pictures of my cars.

CNEChptShowSept292006004.jpg

RedTType11508004.jpg

2003Regalbeforechromewheels32020-2.jpg

I have also owned another 89 Lesabre T-type it got hit one night and sent to Buick heaven, plus a 89 Lesabre limited 2dr, and a 94 Regal GS.

GSPaintjob2007beforerubout002.jpg

Guest Redwind89

Thank you guys, and no he did not. Course it took a few years to get me to come over and one test drive in an 87 Lesabre T-type. :) Lit the tires on that test and fell in love then. I also love all the 2 door Buick from the mid 80s into the 90s. That regal was a good car up till the day that the fuel pump died while I was driving it. Those wheels looked great when they were clean and so long as they didn't get wrecked by the wheel weights. As for my first t-type, that was a bad night. I was driving home in a rain storm when a black Honda decided that he wanted to be were I was. He cut into me and my lane and pushed me in to a jersey wall at 70 mph.

Guest Redwind89

I just really never anything to say here. Also I've had some people treat me funny and say some dumb things to me for having a newer Buick and not something from the 60s or 70s. But I'm starting to chime in more so I'll be around more. Also I'll tell Cindy you said hi.

Guest Jstbcausd

Hey Doug, sorry to see the T-type go but I think that red one has some good potential--:)

As for our dad raising us right, here is my stable of past Buicks..for you dad, love you (also love you too mom- who let dad have all these Buicks, which let us boys have all these Buicks and so on)

Even though it isn't mine(yet-lol) the picture of me as a baby was taken in dad's 56 Super-so in a way I can say it was my first time behind the wheel of a Buick. :)

I did also own (1 each) '85(gold 4dr) and '88(brown 4dr) park avenues, as well as a '87 Electra T-type(dark grey 4 dr), I currently drive a '93 Regal GS (greenish blue 2 dr) which still gets me between 25-27 mpg- love that 3.8L I am hoping to maybe add either a '99-'04 Regal or maybe a '10 Lacrosse in the future, or if I am really lucky a '69 Riviera- but that's what dreams are made of. *sigh*

post-42667-143138105037_thumb.jpg

post-42667-143138105042_thumb.jpg

post-42667-143138105047_thumb.jpg

post-42667-143138105051_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jstbcausd (see edit history)

I'm proud of you kids ( men actually) ! Too bad we couldn't keep all those cars, although some of them, and more than a few of the others, did keep us a bit too busy at times.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll sleep good tonight!

Guest Redwind89

Nothing against Justin, but save for my 94 GS and the one T-type, Most of the Lesabre's never gave us to many problems. All were/ are turn key and drive cars. I did always like the 83 Electra 2 door :D Big shock me and a 2 door Buick. Besides I always say it was your fault for making my test drive that 87. And you telling me to "Drive" it. :P But thank you for everything, the T-types are way better then the Beretta G T ever was.

I always liked them too...don't understand why GM got rid of all of the 2 doors.

While I too would love to see another Buick 2 door sport model, it's really not hard to understand. There's only a small population of the market segment that would consider two door cars. The much larger part of the market is not concerned and or prefer 4 door cars. So if a 4 door American car is already expensive to produce, imagine the cost of a two door model, and then GM is afraid they can't produce a car worthy of the competition at that price level. Sad isn't it? This from a former leader in the market alltogether.

Here's something eles to ponder, and I would like to hear an explanation for. Yesterday I saw a 2010 LaCrosse. A CX model which with additional equipment but no sunroof, listed for $29K. My 06 La Crosse which is the middle line model ( CXL) with everything including a sun roof was only $26K. Here's the part I don't get:

If GM , through bankruptcy, shed it's underperforming assets, and eliminated it's legacy debt for health care, and reduced wages of blue collar workers, and shed countless thousands of workers, And shuttered factories, and eliminated virtually all former debt, why is this new car with less equipment not less money than the 3 year old model?

Guest GRANNYS70SKYLARK

I have to jump in here. John didn't just influence his kids, thanks to him I'm the proud owner of my '70 Skylark 350. I always joked with him that I was too young to own a Buick even though my dad is an 86 year old Buick guy but John kept telling me I was old enough. I was a 2 Buick guy myself for awhile and only lack of garage space caused me to sell one to a good home. And I still want a T-Type.

post-61228-143138106122_thumb.jpg

post-61228-143138106124_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Redwind89

back on my Buicks, my dad and I started to fix the red this past week. The first thing that got done was changing this

100_0184.jpg

to this

100_0185.jpg

Then we went over to my storage unit and got out parts that I was going to need

100_0186.jpg

We got out two doors, a trunk lid and both of my front spoilers, plus other small parts. We had to first fix one of my spoilers

100_0197.jpg

We took my first spoiler that someone kicked in and wrecked and cut off the sides

only part that still had it normal shape. We cut down the right side one and made a patch panel that would fit between the side bracket and spoiler. After test fittings and cuttings and shapings we ended up with this

100_0201.jpg

The side bracket fits flush and you can't see the patch from the side. So after 8 hours we removed the vise grips and paint sticks and got this

100_0215.jpg

Still need to cover the outside crack and repaint but at least I don't have a gap anymore. While the spoiler was drying and setting i started in on the doors.

100_0202.jpg

I started with the right door first. I had it stripped down in about two hours to this

100_0207.jpg

After that I started on the left door and was surprised to find out that it was never apart before, my proof

100_0208.jpg

still had the pick tag attached. After that I moved on to strip it down the rest of the way and once again in about two hours I was done.

So after that we started to sand down the right door and clean the metal for sanding and priming

100_0213.jpg

Hit all the edges with self etching primer then called it the day. I think if we had three more months of good weather and temps minus the humidty we could have the car done.