Old wrenches - Any interest or value?

Guest Gary Hearn

Guest Gary Hearn

Over the years I have picked up numerous old wrenches at auctions and have now accumulated at least 150 pounds worth. I realize some may have more value than others (i.e. those with Ford on them), but what would be the best method of disposal? Should I let someone pick through them or have them take the whole lot? As there are several hundred, I doubt e-bay is the way to go.

Any advice (or offers) would be appreciated.

Below is a link to the album with 20 pictures showing most of them (there are 5-6 groups, but multiple pictures of each).

Old wrenches pictures from good times photos on webshots

Oldwrenches027.jpg

Oldwrenches019.jpg

Looks like $500. worth of wrenches to me IF you eBay them 1-2 per auction. Flat Rate Priority envelopes are $4.95. I'd double wrap them. You could list larger number and ship in the $10.35 flat rate box. Figure they are worth starting at $3.50 each let the market deside the final price.

Guest Gary Hearn

I have had several people express interest in the wrenches so I have inventoried what is there and taken new pictures. I elected to keep the buggy wrenches (I have 5 horse drawn Studebakers) and also pulled out the screwdrivers, chisels and hammers). By my count, there are 314 wrenches and sockets in the following pictures.

The first group has 108 wrenches:

Wrenches002.jpg?t=1250356564

The second group has 94 wrenches:

Wrenches004.jpg?t=1250356683

The third group has 50 wrenches:

Wrenches006.jpg?t=1250356769

The fourth group has 23 wrenches:

Wrenches008.jpg?t=1250356837

And the last group has 41 wrenches:

Wrenches010.jpg?t=1250356900

Some pretty neat and unusual items here. It seems they ought to be worth at least $1.00 apiece?

Edited by Gary Hearn
Add additional pictures (see edit history)

Guest Siegfried

Absolutely priceless in my opinion. I love tools. I'd probably reblue a bunch of them, and mount them on my shop wall. Yes, I'm interested if you're selling, but I would rather hear a price first. I really hate to make an offer when I don't have any idea of the value.

Guest Siegfried

Correct at $1.00. But that can't be the price for each individual one? Or is it? Let me know. I am interested in a bunch of them.

Guest Gary Hearn

I would like to sell all of them as one lot and the $1.00 per wrench figure equated to $300 for the group. As we all know, there are some that are worth more than a dollar and there are others that will be worth less. I do not want to start selling and shipping them individually, otherwise I would have put them on e-Bay. If you want the lot (or an entire group as shown in the most recent pictures), please let me know.