Collector Car Insurance?

bhclark

Okay,

I'm looking for opinions on Collector Car Insurance.

Features I'm looking for (in no particular order)

-Affordability

-No hassle claims

-Agreed Value Coverage

-liberal driving priviledges. (i like to DRIVE my cars!)

-ease of application (does anyone actually Quote and write on-line?)

-willingness to insure a driver with some minor points/tickets.

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated as the choices seem overwhelming!

BTW, my cars are all driver quality, no trailer queens, no high values, etc.

Guest bkazmer

have a chat with Haggerty - they have a roadside assistance plan which might be a good feature for a "driver" car like yours

The most important question is about service. J.C.Taylor gets my personal recommendation. I've seen them in action!

Terry

When I checked J.C. Taylor they wanted to limit usage.

Haggarty advertises that they want you to drive. When I bought my Packard on the internet they took the price paid plus the internet pictures for the agreed price. Every year they automatically up the valuation. If you have AAA roadside assistance you can turn down Haggarty's version.

I have American Collectors Insurance "Agreed Value" coverage on my Cars.

They offer some interesting features....

Flexible Usage Options: 2,500 and 5,000 annual mileage tiers.

The "Freedon Tier" allows up to 7,500 annual miles & occassional "regular" use (e.g., driving to work)

Towing & Labor for Collectors (TLC) Plan: Provides reimbursement for emergency towing, roadside assistance,

emergency lock-out, emergency travel expense, lost key return.

When I checked J.C. Taylor they wanted to limit usage. .

I've had J.C. Taylor since 1989. Their usage limits on my policy exactly match the limits of my antique registration. If you're using an antique car more than those limits you'll likely need conventional insurance and registration anyway.

I had a claim with them in 1991 when my car was vandalized at a dealership overnight (It was subrogated to their insurance.). They couldn't have been better in handling the claim. I was very happy with their service.

I've had J.C. Taylor since 1989. Their usage limits on my policy exactly match the limits of my antique registration. If you're using an antique car more than those limits you'll likely need conventional insurance and registration anyway.

I had a claim with them in 1991 when my car was vandalized at a dealership overnight (It was subrogated to their insurance.). They couldn't have been better in handling the claim. I was very happy with their service.

This is what I was going to say. If you are driving it daily then you want regular insurance.